1. Clark

Serval stomach-turning minutes later, the robbers pulled into a parking space at an unknown marina and climbed out of the vehicle. The smell of saltwater and old wood instantly hit Clark's noise as the car doors opened, cutting through the metallic blood smell, they had been marinating in. The man that took her hostage, who she now knew as Sebastian, pulled her out of the vehicle by her wrist. He proceeded to drag her through the parking lot, onto the dock and lead her down the line of privately owned ships and commercial fishing boats until they reached the end where a massive yacht was docked.

She started to panic, she really did not want to go out to sea with them. They had just killed one of their own men, what was going to stop them from killing her. Stepping onto that boat could be a death sentence, she thought.

As they approached the platform she tried to get free and run away, but he just threw her over his shoulder and carried her on board. She helplessly watched the horizon as she saw flashing emergency lights approaching where they had just parked. Until now she had held onto the hope that her captors would simply throw her overboard once they got their boat moving but with the cops so close behind them, she doubted it. She had become too valuable as a hostage, it was more likely they would not be fired on with a hostage on board. She was even more certain now that she would die out at sea if they got away. Her only hope now was the cops catching up to them.

Her line of sight was cut off when they entered the main floor of the yacht. She was instantly shocked at how luxurious everything was. They must make a lot of money off their heist to be able to afford something like this, Clark thought. She did not know much about boats in general but anyone could see that everything looked expensive. Just as she thought she couldn't be more impressed with the boat's opulence, she saw a spiral elevator, decorated with stainless steel, beautifully woven to look like bubbles.

The other man, who she now knew as Henry opened the elevator door allowing Sebastian stepped inside first with her still helplessly slung over his shoulder. Henry entered the six-man, glass elevator as if he had done so a thousand times before. She felt the elevator start to move upward. She watched the floors and the spiraling staircase around the elevator go by as the elevator reached the floor second to the top and stopped. The door opened to a room full of dials, control panels and a stirring wheel, all facing a large glass window that looked out over the sea in front of them.

Henry was out first and over to the boat's controls, while Sebastian walked over to a couch and threw her on it. He left her there but not before tying her ankles and wrists together, with a couple of ropes he found under one of the seat cushions. By the time he had finished tying her up, Henry had the yacht moving and was driving the boat out of the marina. Sebastian joined him at the helm while he navigated through the harbor and out to sea.

As they moved out further, her anxiety accelerated and by the time they were out in open waters she was in a full-blown panic attack.

"Goddammit, it's the coastguard! I'm not going to jail, this yacht of yours had better get us out of here." Sebastian began to panic at the thought of prison.

"They never respond this fast, they were waiting for us. My guess is they were tipped off. Relax, they will never catch us. We have a two-mile head start and this is no ordinary yacht" Henry told his partner and accelerated.