Chapter 13

For the purpose of this chapter, 16 will be the age at which you can legally buy alcohol and drink  xxx

Joe's PoV
Briar's party couldn't have come at a better moment. I really needed to just get drunk, and Caspar said he'd be getting drunk too. Briar was unlucky and had her trio tomorrow so she couldn't drink, but Caspar and I were all set to down shots.

"Hey guys," I said, finding Briar and Caspar in the bar.

"Joe, you made it!" Briar smiled. "Joe, this is my boyfriend Milo," she gestured to the guy with his arm round her shoulders, "and my other teammate Derek who's also in my trio tomorrow."

"Hey," I nodded to them both.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," Caspar said. "I don't wanna be sober for this whole party, that's not fun."

"Drunk Caspar is going to be a dream to film," Briar grinned.

"To film?" I asked, confused. "Why are you filming Caspar?"

The look of panic shone on Briar's face. "Oh, okay don't tell people but me and Caspar have begun a joint vlogging channel."

"Oh cool," I nodded, knowing it was true when I saw the look of embarrassment on Caspar's face. He dragged me to the bar instead and we ordered two beers.

"So, hows stuff going with Dianne?" Caspar asked.

"Can we not talk about her right now?" I groaned. "She's doing my head in."

"Okay," Caspar nodded, drinking his beer.

I ordered two vodka shots before either of us had finished our beers.

"God, slow down Joe we've got all night," Caspar laughed.

"I'm here for a good time, Caspar," I said, stopping drinking my beer and downing the two vodka shots, feeling them burn the back of my throat. "I want to leave here remembering almost nothing."

"Oh god, so we're gonna have to deal with drunk Joe?" Caspar laughed. "I've only see you drunk once before and that one time you started grinding on a chair. Disturbing stuff."

I laughed. I still had zero recollection of that night.

"So how's your trio looking?" I asked, ordering a coke and vodka after finishing my beer.

"Looking good, yeah," Caspar smiled, ordering himself another beer. "I doubt it's as good as yours or Briar's, but it's definitely Internationals standard."

"Well as long as you don't get put up against either of us you should be good then," I laughed.

"Yeah, I hope so," he said.

"Reckon I can down this in 8?" I grinned at my friend, holding up my barely touched vodka and coke.

"One way to find out," Caspar returned my grin. "We like to drink with Joe, cause Joe is our mate! And when we drink with Joe, he gets it down in 8! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! AYYYYYYYY!" Caspar cheered as I downed the whole thing. There was nothing like the burning sensation of alcohol making you realise you were gonna have a good time.

"Another please!" I said to the bartender, and Caspar ordered one too.

Dianne's PoV
I didn't wanna be underdressed, but I also didn't wanna scream 'slut', so I opted for high heels, skinny jeans and a bralette. I put a crop top over the top of it just in case I ended up in a drinking game that involved me needing to strip. I was probably going to get cold, but bringing a jacket to a pub would be such a hassle when I'd just be taking it off as soon as I got there.