Chapter 26

Tori's PoV
I knew I'd done my job when I saw Dianne and Joe talking backstage, and then her walk away. I saw both of them on either side of the stage, looking heartbroken. Dianne was crying, and Joe looked like he'd just lost his world in two seconds, which technically he had. I thought I'd be happier than this though... In a way, I felt kinda...bad... Like maybe I shouldn't have pitted Dianne and Joe against each other. I could've used Zoe and Katie, that would've worked too. Ugh. I thought of my boyfriend and what would happen if he'd said something like that about me behind my back, but not actually said it. I almost wanted to confess. No, I couldn't. I was on the rollercoaster, now I just had to sit back and enjoy the ride. Or try and enjoy it at least.

I got a notification that my favourite actress had tweeted. I immediately went to it, hoping it'd be something to cheer me up. Instead, it made me feel even worse.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

I had to fix this.

Dianne's PoV
To say I was heartbroken would be an understatement. I trusted and loved Joe so much, and he'd been going behind my back saying stuff like that about me? The worst part was that even after all he'd done to me, I still loved him. So much. I loved him but I hated him at the same time. It was totally throwing me off my game. I couldn't let him win, not after what he'd said. And that drive to win made me focus more.

As we'd requested, Australia went first. I gave Joe a sarcastic smile as I entered the stage, seeing him in the wings. Twat.

Weirdly, what had happened helped fuel the dance. It added to my emotion and the story was portrayed in a much clearer way. I noticed it had given Katie the same edge. She was the only one besides me that knew about what Joe had said. I didn't want to tell my brother and I didn't trust anyone else enough with this. It was humiliating to be honest. I'd felt used and foolish. But in that dance I didn't care. It was awesome and I knew we'd put on a winning performance.

"You're up, Sugg," I brushed past Joe as I left the wings. He didn't say anything. He looked pretty awful though. Good. He should feel awful after what he said.

Joe's PoV
The way she spoke to me...it broke me. But I had to concentrate on the dance. We had to win. I'd not told anyone else about what had happened, and I'd managed to brush off Zoe's questioning as nerves. She'd laughed and said every time I was performing I was nervous and I should be used to it by now. Little did she know my mind was way too occupied to be thinking about stage fright right now.

"Next to the stage, the British Dance Company from the United Kingdom!"

Our turn.

I had to admit, even though I didn't perform to the best of my ability, everyone else went above and beyond. From what I saw, we looked awesome. Go BDC. And with our high scores from our previous dances, I reckoned we could seriously win. Maybe it would make me feel a little better if we won. International champions for another year.

The audience cheered, and then it was a waiting game. The judges had half an hour to decide on our scores, count up the total scores for all our dances and then everyone would gather back to hear the results.

"Joe," I turned around and saw Tori waiting backstage.

"What the hell do you want?" I glared at her. "You just ruined my relationship with the most amazing girl I could ever ask for. You're despicable."

"I'm so sorry," Tori began.

"Save it," I spat. "I don't want to talk to you again."

"Don't speak to her like that," Dianne came up behind Tori and glared at me. "She's done nothing wrong. She just showed me what you said."

"She edited the voice note to make it seem like I said shit I didn't say!" I said to Dianne, taking my eyes off the lying Canadian for a few seconds.

"Yeah right," Dianne scoffed.

Then, to my completely and utter surprise, Tori said, "it's true..."

"What?" Dianne and I said simultaneously. She was shocked Tori had lied, and I was shocked she'd fessed up.

"I was mad Canada lost," Tori sighed. "I thought it was your fault, and Briar's. I decided you'd messed her up by befriending her and made her forget it was a competition."

"So you decided to break us up?!" Dianne's glare was on Tori now.

"I'm sorry!" Tori groaned.

"Play me what he really said," she demanded.

"Huh?" the Canadian looked confused, fuck knows why. It was a simple enough request, and a justified one.

"PLAY IT!" Dianne shouted.

"Jesus, calm down," Tori huffed, taking her phone out and handing it to Dianne with the original clip.

She took it and listened to the unedited conversation, a look of realisation and regret spreading on her face.

"I'm so sorry," Dianne sobbed, hugging me close. "I'm sorry I had a go at you without hearing you out, I'm sorry I assumed you'd ever say something like that."

"It's all good," I laughed, hugging her tight. "I'm just glad you're not mad at me anymore. I love you, you know that right?"

"I love you too," the little redhead smiled up at me.

I looked away from Dianne to talk to Tori again, but clearly at some point she'd disappeared. I didn't mind. What she'd done was pretty shitty, but at least she had a conscience and showed remorse. A certain girl called Heidi had absolutely no regrets whatsoever and completely sabotaged our teams. Now that's a bitch. Tori just lashed out because she was angry, and I guess I understood that. I mean, I'd still never trust her as far as I could throw her, but I forgave her.

"Hold up," I said to Dianne, taking out my phone.

"Huh?" she looked at me, confused.

"I wanna text Briar and tell her to tell Tori I forgive her," I said.

"I'm sorry, what?!" Dianne looked at me, gobsmacked. "You forgive her?! She literally tried to make me hate you!"

"But she showed remorse," I said. "She was sorry. Think about her compared to Heidi."

"Yes, but Heidi was a psychopath," Dianne narrowed her eyes. "Look, tell Bri you forgive Tori, but I sure as hell don't."

"Also understandable," I laughed.

Joe: hey briar - you may not know, but your teammate Tori edited a conversation we had to make it seem like I was being horrible about Dianne and her team. She broke up with me and it was messy, but she owned up and we're better now. She left before I could say anything, but could you let her know I forgive her? Thanks :)

Briar: I'm sorry she did WHAT?! Fucking hell, I knew Tori was competitive but I didn't know she was another child of Satan - I thought we'd got rid of that

Joe: she was upset, not a satan child lmao - just let her know i forgive her and don't be too hard on her

Briar: you're unbelievable - i'll let her know, but i sure as shit wouldn't forgive her. I'm glad you and Dianne are together though. You're perfect for each other.

Joe: thanks :)

I put my phone away and hugged Dianne. It was almost time for the results. One of us was leaving today with a trophy and an International title. One of us would be known as the team that came so close yet so far.

Probs only two chapters left now! This is set in about July by the way, and the sequel to this is going to be set in January of the following year. Exciting times lmao. See ya soon - B x