Chapter 2

James was allowed to go into visit Steve while he was still unconscious. His smile soon faded when he saw what he had done to the man that lay before him. "I don't know if you can war me," James took Steve's hand," I just wanted to say I'm sorry," he squeezed it right as he sat down. James sat there in silence then fell asleep as time went on.

---

"Bucky?" The blond man slowly started to open his eyes, "Bucky is that you?"

Bucky looked up from his book and smiled, "it's me pal. how you feeling?"

"Like I got shot," Steve looked down at his chest, "oh"

Bucky set his book down then helped Steve sit up properly.

"Steve what's the last thing you remember?"

Steve looked down a little worried about the question he had just been asked, "We were standing over glass when you?" Steve squeezed Bucky's hand tightly, "before that the last thing I remember is saying bye to Peggy when I went and visited her earlier."

"Ok. Well there are some people here who are worried about you. Do you want me to get them?"

"Uhh. Umm. I guess," Bucky could hear the hesitation in Steve's voice.

"I'll go get them."

The other avengers walked in and greeted Steve with big smiles.

"Steve do any of these people look familiar to you?"

"Just her," Steve pointed at Natasha," she came with me to find you."

"That's right," said James, "are you sure you for remember anyone else?"

"I'm sorry. No I dont."

Tony looked down, "well my name is Tony Stark. You knew my old man back during the war."

"I do remember him. I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Stark."

Tony looked up, "its tony. Please call me tony."

Steve nodded his head then looked at the taller blond standing next to him, "and you are?"

James spoke up, "this is Thor. you fought with him in the Battle of Manhattan."

"Poptarts?"

Thor smiled, "ya. It's good to see you remember something's."

Steve smiled in return then looked at the brunette in glasses, "I do remember your face but I can't think of a name."

"My name Dr. Bruce Banner."

"I think your the gamma guy right?"

"Is that all you remember?" Asked Bruce.

"No, well I think I might be wrong. Oh never mind."

"The other guy, that's me too," said Bruce.

Steve smiled then turned to Clint, "Your the bird boy. You saved my ass a few times in Manhattan."

"Ya," Clint smiled, "we missed you cap."

Steve frowned a little, "I'm sorry I can't remember a lot about all of you. You seem like good men," Steve looked at Natasha, "and women... I don't know anymore."

Tony motioned for everyone to leave then looked at Steve and said, "you get well soon Steve. The team needs their Captain," tony smiled before leaving.