Chapter 6

Steve and I went out for our morning run just like we had done a hundred times before. When we had reached our final check point Steve noticed a crowd of people screaming and running in there direction. Steve turned to me then we started running. Steve had me rescue these kids from a building about to crumble. When I was finished I saw Steve lying on the ground unconscious and started running. He was out cold.

I immediately called SHIELD for help. They came and got Steve and took him to get medical treatment while ironman and I took out the monster tearing through the streets of manhattan.

----

Avengers Tower

Tony's lab

Two weeks later

----

"I've noticed Steve's been different since he's been home," tony grabbed one of his tools from the table then to James, " are things ok with the two of you?"

Bucky looked away from Stark, "He's different and it scares me. He's always gone when I wake and when I asked him why he said it was for his morning run."

"I don't understand. Isn't that part of Steve's routine?" tony set his tools down then turned to face James.

"He stopped waking up at 5 a long time ago. He flinches at my touch and when were in bed he isn't the wrap my around you guy. Steve's changed."

"Well I'll get Bruce to look over his brain scans. I'll see what I can do."

Just then Steve walked in, "hey buck. Whatcha up to?"

"Waiting for tony to get done so he ca repair my arm. So of the wiring short circuited during the fight with the monster."

I watched Steve look at tony, "take care of him, will ya?"

"I will. Fury said something, well I think he said something, about new missions then asked for you."

"Thanks Stark."

Steve kissed my cheek before leaving.