Chapter 3

Steve sat on the couch in the living space that he and Bucky shared. He thought it was rather nice that Tony had given everyone their own floor. Although he had already thought this.

Bucky set down Steve's things then went and sat down next to Steve not knowing that his friend was in tears.

Steve said, "They say you're as good as lost if you forget things."

James replied, "Steve your only missing a few years. You'll get it back."

"Bucky everything that mattered most was in those few years. I'm never going to remember any of it."

Bucky placed his hand on Steve's face then turned his head so the two were facing each other, "we've made it through worse," Bucky got a little closer, "and will make it out of this. I made you fall in love with me once. I know I can do it again," Bucky closed the gap with a kiss.

Steve slowly pulled away, "all I want now is to lay in your arms," Steve stood up and took Bucky's hand before trying to find his way back to their room.

--- IN THEIR BEDROOM ---

Steve took of his shirt slowly. The pain from his wounds still hurt like hell.

"Do you want help?" asked Bucky.

"Buck," Steve went and sat on the bed, "please."

Bucky smiled as he went to help his friend, "just like old times," Bucky pulled Steve's shirt off. He was going to walk away when he felt Steve grab his hand. It wasn't the I'm still talking grab, this grab was more gentle... more in need.

"Bucky don't go. Whatever it is wait till the mornig."

Bucky nodded his head then took of his shirt and climbed into the bed.

"Buck?"

"Ya Steve?"

"Thank you for being patient."

Bucky kissed Steve then curled up in his arm, "always. It's you and me till the end of the line pal. You and me."