Precious Trash Part 2

'Six-petal Santan we pick for luck,
Your sunset sketches I admired
Some were colored, Some you did not
Sweet sugar to keep the wraps
I kept all these precious trash'

Did I make you feel sad on part one? Let me make it up this time..

I feel lucky that I have enjoyed such a 'classic high school' life. I mean, I am talking from year 2001 to 2005 range here. It may not be so long ago, but I feel like I had the best time as a teen. It is the reason why I want to share this to everyone.

The minions inside my head were battling about a good title of the book. My first thought was 'The Classic High School Thing', on the second thought the best part was supposed to happen on 'A Hundred and Fifty Days', but I realized that I didn't actually miss the whole thing. In fact, I had the best time before it came to an end.

I decided to take it backwards until we reach the story from the very start. Finally, we will take a flight back to 'A Hundred and Fifty days' and beyond. Fasten your seatbelts. I will take you back to the time when young girls keep slam book, not Facebook; Boys used to play outside rather than 'eyeballs almost squeezed out' in playing mobile games. I 'literally' had used a library card for my research and reading needs. I wonder, how does a school library looks nowadays?

We didn't have Smartphones, electronic gadgets or portable camera handy.
My eyes witnessed each happy moments while my heart and mind record each details.
We were introduced to a computer technology when hardware used to be beige, instead of black. Social media was not yet encountered in any path but we say 'Hi, Hello,Thank you, Good morning and Goodbye' in person ,not emoticon.

Many things remind me of the old days' classic sense. Sweet fresh scent of cologne, silly jokes and even candy wrappers have untold stories to tell. A classic story imparted on these 'precious trash' I called today.
~~

March 05,2004

Goodmorning

'Mornings are new beginnings'

The annual 'Battle of the Wise' competition is held at The Marcos Stadium this year. I'm standing at the bleacher while waiting for the announcement of winners. Teachers, coaches and contestants are seated across the temporary stage. I approached my coach, Mrs. Sherlina Dela Torre who came in with her seven year- old daughter. She told me I did a great job with my presentation slides, and I thank her for such a compliment.

We are just chatting when I am announced 2nd place on third year level competition. She looks so delighted by the announcement and commend me once again.
I've noticed someone seated next to me, Mark Vincent. "Hi, Mark", Mrs. Dela Torre greet and congratulate him for representing our School in Grafting and Budding Plants contest. We're both contestant on the same subject, Technology, Livelihood and Economics.

Mark congratulate me for being one of the top 3 who will represent the cluster for the regional level. I know it sounds a bit formal, but we did shake hands like we just met each other.
For the first time, we have a nice conversation. Somehow we were indirectly acquainted to each other. He belongs to 3-Mercury, the next section to Science and Math Oriented class where I belong. I remember he used to sit-in on our Algebra class under Mrs. Prima and Mrs. Largo during first and second year. Some of our teachers had seen his edge on academics.

"He's Mark" I heard one of my classmate said when we were in first year.

Mark is Arlene's classmate who happened to be my bestfriend since first grade. He seems everywhere in the campus, especially when I used to visit Arlene. I wonder why we had not talked to each other even once.
Today we celebrate a competitive battle win, and so is the friendship I found in him. I'm amazed how he talk about so many things. I thought he was an outspoken and shy type guy, but I was wrong.
Mark and I, together with Mrs. Dela Torre's daughter, decided to have a nice walk around the stadium. We went from one bleacher to another, until we reached the huge bleacher facing a spectacular view across the wide green grass fields. We just listen to our little companion while she talks about her classmates, siblings and about toys.