Coffee Colored Hanky Part 3

'What you see, what you hear, what you feel, when you leave, leave it here'

This is the military secrecy adapted in Citizen Advancement Training. Anyone who went to the CAT should know this by heart.

I left something in the past, including what I thought I had felt so right.
~~

'Balangay...!'

The first time I executed this preparatory command, I was so nervous and shy. I even felt belittled of myself. However, it was the same time I received a compliment for having such a well-modulated voice. My classmates and friends saw how I transformed from a timid girl to a confident CAT officer.

Before talking about the camaraderie I found with the co-officers in CAT, it is worth-sharing how I found an extended family in our class. I received honest feedback from close friends and classmates.

"I didn't think you can shout that loud, your voice is well-modulated" Julie Ann, my classmate and best friend since first year told me during a morning class discussion in Physics. Julie Ann and I, along with the 'girlfriends' in group five (last names starting with N, O, R, V were seated next to each other every school year.

I think it was mid second year to third year when one of the girls, Johara named the group JMAC from our first name initial as follows: J for Julie Ann and Johara; M for Michelle V, Michelle O, Maricel, and Madel; A for Angelica and C for Catherine and Cecille. We shared a lot of good thoughts, talked about crazy little things (even annoying ones) and visited one another's house for our class performance practice, brainstorm a good report and even baked tiny cookies at home (with Madel).

In the fourth year we occupied the Chemistry Laboratory. I used to call it the 'bricks room' because it was covered entirely with bricks (make sense). I transferred to another seat on the left side next to the window with the boys. No drama, I just felt like I needed to be alone sometimes, but I still love my pals at the back table.

Christino and Aris were two of my best buddies in the class. I don't think I should mention about Jefferson who was the heartthrob of our section (SMOC) and okay, he's my first-year crush. He's a church mate so it brought us into frequent 'small talk' somehow. I remember, Aris was the one who found out about my little admiration for Jefferson. We had one of our 'small talk' when Aris noticed my hands were sweating and I looked tensed (being unable to look at Jeff in the eye). He approached me after Jefferson left "Cecille, I just noticed something. You seem to like hiding your feelings for him" Aris told me with a dangerous smile. He's a silent observer, and I know what he's pertaining to.

"You're crazy. No, I'm not!" I didn't admit anything until the feeling was gone.

Oh, I almost forget about Arjen who had the looks of an angel but I used to call him 'kontrabida' in my mind because he always makes fun of me and other classmates like Laarni, Jerrilyn and 'who knows who else'. I remember when he snatched my journal while I'm writing my daily entry (take note it's a journal, not a diary). I wrote about the things happening in the class, and about my crush (of course).

In my mind, I can't count how many times did I push Arjen at the nearby creek when we were Sophomores. He was such a joker, teaser and bully at times. On the other hand, he's a good help in Math problems sometimes. I had forgiven him many times (in my head) because of that reason alone. I didn't think he would care to visit me at my place in Tarlac few years after College. He was not that bad after all.

How can I forget about Abner who was a very kind and tame friend since first year? We were in first year when he had a crush on Arlene (my best friend) whom we secretly named 'Bell'. She was so pretty just like the yellow bells growing in the Botanical garden near the covered court.