006

CHAPTER SIX:

CHAPTER SIX:

"what are you doing up here? parties downstairs." lydia said.

"i was looking for liam." mason replied.

"sorry, but missing freshmen are a little low on my priority list." lydia said picking up two glasses of wine.

"but not so low you don't know he's a freshmen?" mason said.

"i might have seen your friend. downstairs." lydia said grabbing mason's hand causing her to drop both of the glasses on the white carpet.

"oh, god. the carpet. no." lydia said starting to scrub it with her cardigan.

"hey, it's all right. it'll come out. oh, okay. sorry. was it valuable?" mason asked.

"no. that's the problem. nothing in here's valuable. we just put the house on the market. it was supposed to be left without a scratch. it has to be in perfect condition. we need every penny we can get out of this place." lydia said as she cried.

"okay, let me go get some club soda and salt. lydia, it'll come out. it will." mason said as lydia nodded.

"okay." mason said as he left the room.

when he left the room, lydia felt different. lydia couldn't hear the music blaring anymore.

lydia had went over to the door and opened it. she heard the music again. but when she shut it, the music was gone again.

"soundproof?" lydia said as she walked around.

she stared at a record player and got close to it. she turned it on and lydia could hear voices.

-

"okay, malia, i know you can hear me. just listen to my voice." stiles said.

"listen to mine. run!" malia shouted as she kept hauling at the chains.

"no, we're staying with you. you can do this malia." marcie told her.

"we're not gonna run. because i don't think you're going to hurt us. and i think that maybe you're so afraid of hurting us because of what you did to your family. i know what that's like. i remember everything i did. and the worst past is i remember liking it. because i felt powerful. i felt fearless. and most of all, in control. but when i came through it, i learned something else... control is overrated." stiles told her.