008

CHAPTER EIGHT:

CHAPTER EIGHT:

marcie walked into the sheriffs station with stiles, lydia and parrish.

"your dad should be back within the hour. you want to wait in his office?" parrish told them.

"that's not why we came here." marcie said.

"actually, we want to talk to you." stiles told him.

"privately." lydia added.

parrish gave them a look but he agreed. they showed him the lists that lydia had found.

"this is a hit list?" parrish asked.

"well, we call it a deadpool." marcie told him.

"recognize any of the names?" stiles asked him.

"yeah. the sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. but we couldn't find any of them." parrish replied.

"show him the other thing." stiles told lydia.

lydia flipped over the page and showed him that his name was on the deadpool.

"okay. that's kind of terrifying. what's the number?" parrish asked.

"the number. uh..." marcie trailed of.

"that's how much you're worth." lydia told him.

"i'm worth five dollars?" deputy parrish asked.

"five million." stiles said holding up his five fingers.

"i only make 40.000 a year. maybe i should kill myself. i don't get it. why... why am i on this?" parrish asked.

"honestly, that might be a question for another day. right now, there's still another third of this list we got to crack." stiles said.

"we need the third cipher key. but we need help getting it." lydia explained.

"from who?" parrish asked.

"meredith." lydia replied.

"the girl from eichen house? the last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown." parrish argued.

"uh.. almost." lydia replied.

"yeah. it'll be different this time." marcie said.

-

stiles, lydia and marcie were at eichen house and they were waiting for the door to meredith's room to be open. stiles looked over in the hall and saw brunski.

"oh, no. not this guy." stiles whispered as marcie turned to see who he meant.

"isn't he the orderly you told me about?" marcie whispered back as he nodded.