Moment of Truth

~Two weeks later~

Orchid's POV.

Today is the day. The day of my doctor's appointment. Usually I'm not that nervous, but today is different. Today is the day that I find out if I am pregnant or not. I'm so nervous.

My appointment is at 3:00. I'm such a nervous wreck that in science Calvin had to practically force my leg to stop bouncing up and down. I tried really hard not to think about it, especially when Calvin kept asking me what was wrong.

Part of me just wanted to yell at him right then and there and tell him that he might have gotten me pregnant. That we could be parents before we even graduate high school. Another part of me wanted to pull him out of the classroom and tell him calmly everything that is going on in my mind. All the doubts and insecurities about everything. To let him embrace me and cry on his shoulder. But I pushed all my thoughts away and told him that I was okay and that he shouldn't worry about me. Which is a lie. Yeah, I know.

I'm in my car right now, driving to my appointment. I couldn't go to cheerleading practice because it stars at 2:45 and from school it takes me about an hour to get to the doctor's office. I left as soon as school let out. It is currently 2:50 and I am turning the corner to go into the parking lot. As I got out of the car I looked at the time and saw a subway and a dunkin donuts across the street and vowed to myself that no matter the results, I would reward myself with a tuna sub and a cup of munchkins from dunkin donuts. Dayum, I even sound like a pregnant lady.

*****************************

Once I enter the door, I am greeted by the reception lady at the front desk with a warm smile. "Hello, how may I help you today." I smiled back. "Yes, my name is Orchid Lace and I have an appointment today at 3:00 with Dr. Weler." She smiles at me and tells me to wait for the nurse to pull me to the back and get my vitals.

As they pulled me to the back, they got my vitals, such as weight, hetght, and blood pressure. Dr. Weler comes and he greets me. "Hello, Orchid. How are you doing today?" "I'm fine, Dr. Weler. How are you?" "Well, I'm feeling great, my wife just gave birth a couple of weeks ago." "Well that is wonderful Dr. Weler. What gender, if you don't mind me asking?" "Twin girls, actually." Awwwwww! He then shoedme a picture of him and his wife holding his twin girls in the hospital room.

"Aww." He clears his throat. "Well, on to your healtj records. Your blood pressure is normal, your height has gone up about 2 inches which is okay. But what concerns me a little is your weight. Do you know why?" "Well, I think I may be pregnant. Can we check, just in case Dr. Weler?" I say low and shyly. My doctor sees the worry and tears in my eyes and puts a hand on my shoulder for reassurance. "Hey, there is nothing to be worried or sad about, ok? If you aren't, then you are crying for nothing. And if you are, then those tears should be tears of joy because a baby is the most beautiful part of life and I am sure you would be one of the best mothers on the planet." I break oug into full sobs at this point. "B-but what will p-people think of a 17-year-old m-mother?" "Who cares? With the way you teenagers act these days, this is nothing." I mean he does have a point. He wipes my tears and goes on to ask me more questions.

"Any nausea at all?" "Well, this morning when I woke up, and right after lunch today." "Ok, any weird cravings? At all?" "Yeah, after this I was going to get a tuna sub from subway and some munchkins and a mango smoothie." "Well, Orchid, you are most likely pregnant, but we will run a few tests to be sure, ok? First is a blood test and a urine test. After those tests we will call you in about a day or two to tell you the results. Other than that, you are free to go home."

After Dr. Weler comes back with the cup for the urine test, I tell him my request. "Hey, Dr. Weler when the results come back, could you just call me directly and not my dad? Please?" I practically beg on my knees. He looks at me hesitantly for a few seconds and then sigh. "Fine, but you have to promise me that you will tell him eventually if you are, okay?" He then holds out his pinky to me and I latch my pinky onto his and we touch our thumbs together.

*************************

*spongebob voice*

~One day later~

So, today is Saturday and My dad dragged me to a family reunion. I only came because he said there was a pool and there would be food. So here I am, at a family reunion with family that I barely know and or talk to, in a bathing suit and shorts.

Some little girl walks up to me after I sit down with my food. "Hello, my name is Lavender. What is your name?" Awwwww, isn't she just the cutest! She looks to be around 6 or 7 years old with a tinker bell bathing suit on. "Hi Lavender, my name is Orchid, what can I do for you today?" I say in my sweetest voice possible. "My mommy wanted me to say hello to people and you look the least scary to me, so can you hang out with me until my mommy says it is okay?" "Ok sweetie, can you tell me who your mommy is?" She looks at me in confusion for a little bit then gets it. "Oh, my mommy's name? I don't really know her name. I just call her mommy. She said that I could play until 4:30." I took uot my phone and checked the time. 12:30, I guess we could go swimming after I eat. "Well, can you recognize her face if you see her?" She nods eagerly.

I pull her onto my lap and finish eating while she plays on my phone. After 20 minutes of playing on my phone Lavender suggests that we go to the pool. The pool was just past the parking lot on the other side of the cook out. She gets off of my lap and started to pull me to the pool area when I see my dad. "Hey dad, I'm going to pool just call me if you need me, ok?" He just nods.

As Lavender drags me to the pool, my phone rings and I see that it is Dr. Weler so I tell Lavender to wait for me at the pool. She nods and runs to the playground next to the pool and gets on the swing while I answer the phone.

"Hello?" "Well, good afternoon to you too Orchid." My heart rate suddenly sky-rocketed. "Do you have any results yet Dr. Weler?" I bite my lip in anticipation and nervousness. "Well, Orchid, you... are pregnant. Congratulations, I know you will be an amazing mother. Don't forget to come back to me in about 2 months check on you and the child. Have a wonderful day." He then hung up the phone.

I didn't get to respond to his news. I couldn't. I was speechless. What would I even say if I could speak? I have so many emotions swirling around my brain right now. First is obviously shock, next happiness, then anger, after that is sadness and the last is paranoia and concern.

I take a minute to calm down before I went back to the litke girl on on the swings. "Let's go!" She grins at me very eagerly and we go to the pool. A nice good a swim is exactly what I need right now to calm my nerves and think about everything.

There aren't many people here, just a couple of teenagers and a couple parents with thier kids. We found a spot near 4 feet. Lavender is a tall 7 year old, so she can win in 4 feet.

We get in the pool and play Marco Polo for a good while until I hear my phone ring loudly.

~Ring Ring Ring~

I get out of the pool and dry off a little bit and pick up the phone. It's Calvin. Oh crap. What do I say? Should I tell him? I'm freaking out so much right now. I pick up the phone with shaky hands. "Hello Calvin, what did you want?" "What, it's illeagal to call you now?" He scoffed jokingly at me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. "Look Calvin, we have to talk, ok? Just not now. Come over tomorrow at 4:00 and I can say what I have to say. This is important, just don't ask questions right now, ok? I'll see you later, bye." I hurry up and hang up as fast as I can. The nerves got the best of me. I hope I can tell him tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys, this was a very loooong chapter compared to the others. It took me a while to write this for a few reasons:

-I was sick and weak
-I was distracted (when am I not)
-I write as I go and I didn't really knoww how this was going to go so it took me a while 

Anyways, I love you. Comment. Share. Vote. Love you guys! Bye!

1 finger, 1 thumbजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें