ALL AT ONCE

"I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough."

The door to my house slammed harshly behind me as I fumbled to unlock my car. My breathing was heavy and my eyes were watery. The anger I felt at my parents was making my head hurt, but really I was just sad and upset at them and at me. I pulled the door to my pickup truck open and climbed in, quickly shutting the door and backing out of my driveway.

I began to drive aimlessly around my neighborhood trying to stop myself from crying. Eventually after about fifteen minutes I decided to see if my best friend Y/C/N who lives down the street wanted to come drive around with me. So I'd feel less alone. I pulled into his court and parked at the end of his driveway. I realized it was pretty late and that I'd been driving around longer than I thought, but I texted him anyways. He responded a few minutes later and a second after his house I saw a shadowy figure climbing out of his bedroom window. I laughed at how ridiculous he is. He used a tree branch to climb down to the ground and then came jogging over to my car.

"Are you ok?" He asked once he was seated beside me.

"Yeah sure, but let's get out of here" I pulled away and started to drive around again. We sat in comfortable silence until I pulled over on an empty road that led down to the water.

I put the car in park and turned to look over at Y/C/N he gazed into my eyes with a wordy look on his face.

"Y/N, you have to talk to me" he said leaning in towards me, his breath on my face.

I bit my lip, not wanting the tears to spill, but they did. As the tears fell I cried a soft whimpering cry. Y/C/Ns arms were around me in a second. There was no seat divider in my truck so he easily pulled me into his arms crushing me against his chest.

"It's really bad this time. Isn't it?" He whispered to the top of my head. His hand ran in circles on my back making sure I knew he was there. I knew.

I pulled out of his arms,once I felt like I could speak, and looked into his eyes. My hands rested on his shoulders and he lifted a hand to wipe the tears from under my eyes.

"It doesn't matter what your parents think of you Y/N, I think the world of you and you should think the world of you too." He gave me a cheeky smile.

"I guess" I said a small smile starting to show on my face.

"Well I know and I can prove it to you."

"How?"

He kissed me. He tasted the way your toes feel when they're buried in the sand on a summers day. Soft and rough. Warm and cool. Strong and weak. All at once. The feelings of sadness washed away in the deep waters of our kiss. A kiss which had taken me surprise. I barely had enough time to realize it had stopped.  When I opened my eyes, with my head still extended forward, I was met with Y/C/Ns face a few inches from mine looking at me with the biggest most goofy smile ever.

We sat staring for a few minutes unable to fathom what we had just done. I'd known Y/C/N for a long time joe and never stopped being there for me and he never ceases to amaze me. But this. This feeling. This feeling is a wonderful surprise. And I was suddenly so far away from all my troubles.

"Do you believe me now?" Y/C/N spoke softly but his voice sounded loud as he broke the deafening silence.

"Believe what?" I smirked

"That I think the world of you, and that you're the most amazing beautiful talented unique person I've ever met and will ever meet and it doesn't matter what your parents think about you."

"I believe you" I brought a hand up to his cheek and then ran my fingers through his hair letting it rest on the back of his neck. "But I might need you to prove it again" I tried to keep a sexy look on my face, but I couldn't help have a huge smile.

"Gladly" he leaned into me once again and all at once every ounce of me lit on fire. And I was exploding like fireworks on the Fourth of July. My soul flooded with joy and love. And I fell. My head. My hands. My heart. Fell.

All at once.