NIGHTMARES

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest and I fall in love with every breath"

College is an interesting place. I would have been completely lost if not for the boy in the dorm room down the hall,
Y/C/N, who is also my best friend and crush.
Lately I've been having really bad nightmares. I don't know exactly why; I used to get them a ton when I was little. They're never necessarily about one event, but they scare the hell out of me.  I haven't slept in a week and I'm not exaggerating.
Currently it is my fourth and final class of the day and I'm practically asleep. I'm in one of those states when you're not asleep, but you're not really awake either.
I felt a hand pulling my shoulder and I jolted upright.

"Y/N, you look terrible" Y/C/N looked down at me and I rubbed my eyes.

"What time is it?"

"Time to leave, class ended ten minutes ago. I just didn't want to wake you. I know you haven't been sleeping well." He placed a hand on my shoulder and nudged me. "Come on let's go."

"Go where?" I said barely being able to stand up.

"To get you to sleep." He placed a firm hand on my waist and helped to lift me up.

We stumbled back to the dorm hall where my room was and I was practically halfway asleep already.

"We're here. Where's your key?" Y/C/N let go of my waist and leaned my body against his as if I'd fall over if he didn't.

"Shit. I forgot it." I would have been really upset except that I was too tired to care. I slid down the wall and fell to the floor. "I'll just take a ball right here."

"Not on my watch. Get up."

"But I'm so tired" I whined.

"I know. Now get up so I can take you to a real bed." He grasped my wrist and pulled me to my feet; I would have fallen right over if he hadn't had his arms on my shoulders.

He scooped me up into his arms bridal style and I rested my head in his neck. He smelled nice like the way Abercrombie and Fitch smells when you walk in.

I barely noticed where we were until I was dropped down onto the softest mattress in the world.

"Where are we?" I yawned 

"In my dorm. I couldn't let you sleep on the floor. Now shut up and go to bed."

I probably would have come up with a snarky response, but again I was too tired

I closed my eyes for I don't know how long and I started to see black figures all around and they were shouting at me. I shot up breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?" Y/C/N was sitting at the end of the bed with a book. "Oh my god
Y/N you're crying." He crawled over to me with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine. Sorry I've been having bad dreams. That's why I haven't been sleeping" I hugged my knees to my chest and Y/C/N came closer to me. He wrapped his strong arms around my body and held me close to him.

"You need to sleep. Just close your eyes and I'll hold you so you don't get scared"

"That's so cheesy" I laughed