Chapter Five

Kai's POV:

I was working in my office when someone knocked on the door. 'Come in.' I said and put some of my papers to the side. Becky walked into my office, I sighed and leaned back in my chair. Becky was a very lovely girl and very good for my gang, but I know that she's been trying to get me to fall for her. She walked towards my desk and put both her hands on it while leaning forward a bit, making her cleavage show more. 'Hi Kai, what's up with the new guy?' She asked me while biting her lip. 'I told you not to call me by my first name Becky and that's none of your business.' I answered her question and took a sip of my coffee. 'I can see that you're tired boss, why don't you take a break and come with me.' She said in a flirty voice. 'I'm busy now Becky, I suggest you leave the room.' I told her with a stern voice. She winked at me while walking towards the door and leaving the room.

A few hours later there was someone else knocking on my door, I groaned and put the papers I was working on away. 'Just come in.' I told whoever was on the other side of the door. The door opened and Doni walked into my office. 'Oh, hey Doni, what's up?' I said while closing my laptop. 'I had a question about that guy named Jack, you told me he wasn't going to be staying for long but you're also not letting him go?' He asked me with a confused look on his face. 'He won't be leaving anytime soon.' I answered him. 'Oh okay, thanks boss. I'll go back to my tasks, don't overwork yourself!' He said while grinning and closing the door behind him. 

Jack's POV:

I was in the kitchen with Wilbur and Doni. 'I don't want to cook today.' Wilbur sighed. 'Well if you don't want to cook... I can cook?' I told Wilbur softly. He looked up and stared at me surprised. 'You can cook? that means I'm finally free from this stupid task!' He said and laughed out loud. 'Thanks Jack, see you at dinner.' He said and winked at me when he walked out of the kitchen. I looked around the giant kitchen. 'So what are you going to make Jack?' Doni laughed when seeing my confused face. I shook my head and stood up. I walked towards the refrigerator and looked inside of it. 'I could make pancakes, I guess?' I said while looking at Doni. 'Yeah goodluck with that Jack, I still have some tasks to do, cya later!' He said and he walked out of the kitchen. 

So apparently I was the person to cook now. I needed to get all the right ingredients for it. After finding all the ingredients I needed I still needed a measuring cup, which I found in the highest cupboard. I climbed up the countertop otherwise I couldn't reach it. When I almost grabbed the measuring cup my foot slipped and I started falling backwards off the countertop. I expected land on the heard kitchen floor, but that didn't happen. Instead I felt two strong arms catching me in my fall. He slowly put me back on my feet but kept his hands on my waist while stood behind me. 'I'd recommend being more careful next time, and maybe use a chair instead of the countertop.' he said while letting go of my waist. 'Y.. yes, ofcourse.' I mumbled while blushing out of embarrassment. It was the boss... I still didn't know his name. He grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. I decided to continue with what I was doing. I felt his eyes staring into my back, almost like he was tracking my moves...