Chapter Fourteen

Jack's POV:

The next morning I woke up early. I decided to explore every bit of the mansion this morning and plan my escape route. The front gate wasn't really an option since it had guards and everyone would see it if I ran through the front gate. I walked downstairs and saw Doni in the livingroom. ''Hey Doni, is it alright if I walk through the garden for a bit?'' I asked him. ''Yeah sure, the weather is great right now, it will rain later today though so don't stay out too long.'' He answered me while laughing. I gave him a smile and left through the door in the kitchen that led to the garden. Doni was right, the sun was shining and the weather was perfect to walk around for a bit. There was a gate around the whole mansion, well it was more like a stone wall. The wall was around 3 metres high (9.84 feet). The wall was too high for me to climb and from that I knew the only gate in the wall was the front gate. There should be an emergency exit somewhere right? 

After walking around in the garden for a pretty long time I saw some trees on our side of the wall. I went and sat down under one of the trees. It was pretty nice outside, even though it started to get a bit cloudy. After a while I made the decision to just walk around the wall on the inside and look for any places where I could possibly escape or get over the wall. I walked a little further away from the mansion to look at a tree which was very close to the wall. If I climbed that tree I could make it over the wall. It was a decent option for my escape. I went on and looked for more places where I could go over the wall. Looking at the sun it seemed to almost be dinner time and I decided to make my way back inside. I didn't find any other places where I could possibly get over the wall except for the tree. When I got back I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink and saw Wilbur cooking. ''Are you cooking again Wilbur?'' I asked him confused. ''Hey Jack, yes since Doni told me you were out in the garden, so  I thought I could cook today.'' He said and smiled at me. I nodded and filled a glass with some water and went upstairs. I closed the door of my bedroom and put the glass water on my desk. I was going to escape tonight. I sat down on the egde of my bed. I needed this plan to work, but how far from home is this mansion? I know this mansion is located in London, that means it can't be too far from my house. I picked up a backpack and stuffed it full with some clothes and hid the backpack under my bed for now. 

After eating dinner with Doni and Wilbur I went upstairs. This was going to be very tricky, but it had to go well. I picked up the backpack and went straight towards the kitchen since I knew no one was there after dinner. I hid the backpack in the cupboard under the sink and walked towards the living room. Alex was sitting in the living room watching some netflix. ''Hey Alex I'm going to walk in the garden for a bit, alright?'' I told him while standing in the doorframe. ''Yeah, no need to ask man.'' He said. I nodded and walked back to the kitchen. This needed to go as planned, otherwise I would have a big problem. I took the backpack from the cupboard and walked into the garden. While walking towards the tree it suddenly started to rain. I ran to the tree, not only for shelter from the rain but also because I wanted to leave as soon as possible. The tree was starting to get slippery because of the rain, but that didn't hold me back. I climbed into the tree and slowly started making my way to one of the big braches that goes over the wall. The rain made it very difficult to keep my balance while walking over the branches. I slowly made my way to the end of the branch, this one was right above the wall. I sat down on the branch and dropped down on the wall. My hair and clothes were soaking wet from the rain and I could barely see the mansion in the distance. I looked down to the other side of the wall, I forgot how tall this wall actually was. The distance between me and the ground seemed to only get larger. I had come this far, I couldn't go back now. I sat down on the edge of the wall with my legs hanging over the edge. On the other side of the wall is a forest, which I can't see the end of. My heart was pounding and my breath was shaking. I'm so close to the freedom I wanted from the beginning. For a few more seconds I sat on the wall in the pouring rain, but it was time. It was time to go back to my normal life. I Jumped down from the wall and landed on the grass on the other side of the wall. I was finally free again.