Chapter Twelve

Kai's POV:

I woke up with a super bad headache, I drank way too much last night. I groaned and stepped out of bed, this headache wasn't helping me at all. I remember everything from last night, the talk with Jack, and also the kiss. Jack was pretty drunk, so I don't know if he remembers what happened after the movie ended. I decided to take a shower and get dressed. After doing all that I went downstairs, where I was greeted by Doni, Becky and Jack. "Goodmorning boss." Jack said to me. I smiled at him with my lips closed. Did he not call me Kai anymore, was it because the others were around or because he can't remember the things from last night?
The rest of the day went by pretty fast and Jack didn't seem to remember what had happened. It's better for him to not know what happened.

Jack's POV:

I woke up with a bad headache this morning and all I could remember is that I had a talk with Kai last night. All day I've been trying to remember what happened, but I don't know. I'm guessing nothing really happened since Kai has been acting as distant as normal today.
In the evening after dinner we sat together on the beach. Becky was sitting next to Kai, Dave in between Doni and Alex, and Mini Muka and I were also just talking to each other for a bit. Mini Muka told me that he mostly does the investigation jobs and travels to other coutries to work on secret jobs for the gang, which is also why I didn't know him before now. When it started to get a little colder outside we decided to all just chill inside for a bit. "Jack, would you like to take a walk on the beach?" Dave asked me. "Yes, sure." I answered her a little bit unsure. I stood up and we both started walking along the sea. "I wanted to apologise, you could've been taken by that other gang because I pulled Doni away from you at the party." She told me. "It's fine Dave, nothing bad happened and I'm alright." I said while I gave her a small smile. "I also need your help Jack." She whispered while looking down at the sand. "Sure, what do you need my help with?" I asked her curiously. She gave me a short laugh. "Well you see, I have been in love with Doni for a long time, but I don't know if he likes me." She said with a sad tone in her voice. "I'm sure Doni likes you, he always wants to be by your side. He also kind of gave me a deathstare when you asked me for this walk on the beach." I answered with a laugh. She nodded as a responce and looked me in the eyes. "Thanks a lot Jack, I really hope Kai finds a nice place for you in the gang." She said while smiling. "And also, let's start walking back, it's starting to get cold." Her words didn't really get through to me untill she pulled my arm. " Let's go Jack." She said with a smile and we both started walking back to the beach house.