Chapter Sixteen

Jack's POV:

Everytime a car drives by I hide in the bushes on the side of the road. I don't know if they already found out that I escaped, but if they do know they are 100% looking for me. Suddenly I hear a lot of engines roar in the distance. I rush away from the road and hide behind a tree. Four fast, black cars drive by. That's them, they're looking for me. As fast as the cars drove by they're also gone out if sight again. This feels like a manhunt, I need to get somewhere safe, fast.

Luckily it has stopped raining a while ago so I continued walking along the road in the direction the cars were going. If they were going that way to search for me, it means that central London is also in that direction. It's now very dark outside and the moon is lighting up the road in front of me. I don't know where I can sleep tonight, I don't even know if I have time to sleep tonight. I sigh and keep walking.

After a while I almost can't keep walking because my feet hurt, but then my focus shifts to something else. There is a car parked along the opposite side of the road. I quickly move more towards the bushes and the trees to hide myself from view. I need to get past that car. I silently walk more into the trees again. It's dark and the car seems to be abandoned, I sigh out of relieve, there is probably no one in there. Even though I feel relieved my heartbeat is still rising up. Suddenly the engine starts to roar again and the headlights of the car shine right in my direction. I quickly drop to the ground and hide behind some bushes. The driver of the car doesn't seem to have noticed me and drives away in full speed.

I don't know what time it is, but I cant seem to keep my eyes open. Maybe I can get some sleep if I sit against a tree. I walked into the forest a bit and got a hoodie out of my backpack. I put the dark red hoodie on and put the hood over my face. I sit down on a patch of grass next to a tree. Other trees and bushes are hiding me from the sight of the road. I put the backpack on my lap and close my eyes, a little bit of sleep can't hurt.

Kai's POV:

It's been hours since we started looking for Jack and there is no sign of him yet. Frustrated I park my car at the side of the road. I stand there for a while and just look around for a bit. For all we know Jack could still be somewhere in that forest, hiding from us. He could also already be hiding in a neighbourhood or warehouse closeby. I sigh in frustration and start the car again. The headlights shine right into the forest and I suddenly see something move. I keep looking into the forest for a little bit, but nothing is moving anymore. Must've been my imagination, it is getting quite late after all. I sigh and drive away, back to the mansion.

Jack's POV:

I woke up when it was still dark outside, I had no idea how late it was. I stood up and put my backpack on my back again, let's get out of here. I started walking on the side of the road, but still close to the forest if needed. I hope they already gave up on searching, I'm guessing that I slept for one or two hours.

After a while of walking I saw a parkinglot in the distance, it's a Motel. I started walking faster, there were a few cars on the parkinglot, but they all seemed like they were cars of visitors. I walked into the Motel, there's a old lady sitting at the reception with some reading glasses hanging halfway on her nose. "Oh hello dear, you seem exhausted." She said while looking up from her book. I gave her a small smile from under my hood and nodded. "I'd like a room for tonight please." I said and she nodded. "Sure thing dear, go rest for a bit, it seems like you've been walking for a long time." She handed me the key for room 30 and picked up her book again. I walked to the hall and went in room 30, it looked horrible. The white walls had brown and yellow stains and most other things seemed torn up and broken. I sighed, it was good enough for one night. I closed the door and dropped my backpack by the nightstand. I dropped down on the bed and fell asleep instantly.