Chapter 2

Chapter 2

After school, I had discovered that Adam was in every class of mine. And the best part was that in every class, he was assigned to sit near me. It was like God had heard my prayers after such a long time.

By the time I reached home, it was already 5pm. School ends at 4, but deciding that we had just survived the first day of school, Elle and I decided to treat ourselves to a good meal at Subway. We ordered our subs and talked about our day, which was mostly about Adam and her crush, Greg. Greg is a senior, which makes him one year older than Elle and I. He was not popular, just the typical boy-next-door type. He is quiet and kind of resembles a emo bad boy kid to me.

"Hey wanna come over for a swim?" Elle asked. Elle was a competitive swimmer. I, however, swim just for the thrill. But, it is great to have a little competition sometimes.

"Sure. I'll go grab my swimsuit first and I'll be over in 5 minutes," I replied, rushing into my house and running up into my room.

I quickly stripped down from my school clothes and tugged into my swimsuit. I have always adored girls who can fit into bikinis. Unfortunately, being over sized, a swimsuit would definitely not look good on me. My swimsuit was those types that covers your body from your neck to your knees. The swimsuit even came with sleeves, to hide my arms. I sighed inwardly. Well, this is my life.

I wrapped myself in a towel and tiptoed down the stairs. I did not want to wake my mom who was sleeping in the guest room. I accidentally stepped on a bad step and it creaked. I winced and turned my head to see if I had woken mom.

"Anna, is that you?"

"Yeah, mom. I'm going for a swim at Elle's. I'll be back for dinner."

"Alright, have fun, honey. I'm making stew for dinner," she replied, getting up from bed.

I went straight for the door and out of the gate. Elle's house was just two blocks away. I was looking down and trying to cover as much skin as possible with my white towel. While fussing with my towel,

I knocked into Adam.

"Oops, sorry," I said reflexively. I looked up and stared into his grayish eyes. Then I looked down at my swimsuit and towel. I desperately tried to cover myself, my cheeks growing hotter with every second.

"Its okay. Where you heading to?" He asked, giving me his crooked smile. He looked so cute. A pink tinge coated his cheeks, even with his tan. Aww man, why haven't I just put on a shirt?

"I'm going over to Elle's for a swim," I managed to get out. Did the weather just get 50 degrees hotter? Or was it just him? I thought the latter.

"Oh. You swim?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. Wanna swim together sometime?"

Oh my god. He did not just ask me to swim with him! I started hyperventilating in my head (is that possible?). I pinched myself to make sure I'm awake. Earth to Anna!

"Erm...S-sure." I can't believe it!

"Okay. See you tomorrow in school then." He said dismissively, flashing me his smile. I sighed and snapped myself awake before slipping into my own fantasy land.

"See you."

I quickly took off and ran to Elle's house. Yeah, that's right. I ran.

Elle was already in the pool when I ran through her gate and spotted her. Elle's house was practically my second home.

"Hey! What took you so long?" Elle asked. I did not answer her and threw my towel over a bench and cannon-balled straight into the pool. I pushed myself up and my head bobbed on the surface of the water.

"Ohmygawd. Guess what? IaccidentallyknockedintoAdamonmywayhere! Heaskedmetoswimwithhim!!!" I gushed.

"Calm down, Anna, I didn't understand what you were saying," Elle said, swimming toward me.

I explained to her what happened and gave her a smug smile.

"Anna, I'm so happy for you! Your dream is finally coming true!" Elle said, with equal vibe.

We swam around for a bit until I requested for a competition of five laps of the Olympic-sized pool. Elle's house, or should I say estate, is huge.

"Race you for 5 laps?" I quipped.

"Oh? Sure," she replied, her eyebrows raised.

"Ready, set, GO!" I hollered and dived into the water, and smoothly continued swimming with a breaststroke.

In the end, I won just by a few seconds.

"I'll get you next time, Summers," Elle said, unsatisfied with her results.

I stuck out my tongue at her.

"You should try for the swimming team. Seriously. This is probably the hundredth time I'm telling you," Elle said.

It's not like I have not given any serious thought about the swim team. I wanted to join, but would always chicken out at the last minute. Moreover, I would not want people laughing at me and calling me a 'water hippo'.

"Hmm." I got out of the pool and draped my towel off me. I got to get home for dinner; the sky was already I getting darker. I shouted a quick goodbye to Elle, who was still in the water and jogged home. I was still dripping wet and the weather was getting colder.

I shivered as I ran onto the porch and into the warmth of my house. I took the steps two at a time and entered my shower.

*******

Dinner passed quickly, with mom asking how school was and so on. My younger sister, Amber, and dad was also at the dining table. Amber was 14 and had an acceptable weight range. She had long and perfect legs. She was the only one in the family who was slim. She is pretty and in the popular crowd in school. She went to another school in town. Amber was talking all about her boyfriend, Luke, or was it Lou? Oh wait, Lou was last year. Apparently, Amber had many ex-boyfriends and past relationships. I bet she has snogged all of them before. Here I am, her older sister, and had never been kissed. I did not have a boyfriend all this while. I was not really sure why.

After dinner, I went to my room to start my homework. This was pretty much the daily routine for me. I shoved my earphones in and slipped into my own comfort zone.

That night, I fell asleep thinking about Adam. I thought of the way his dark hair fell around his face, his grayish eyes with golden flecks in them, his chiseled jawline and his crooked smile. I replayed our little conversations over and over again in my head and smiled to myself.

It was the best I have ever felt about myself in the past 2 years of high school.

_________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So what do you think about this chapter? Like Adam or hate him?

Tell me your views by commenting. If you like, vote and fan please?

Your views will help me improve the way I write.

Sorry that this chapter was a bit boring though, but I promise the next would be better!

Thank you and loves xx