chapter seven

Will pov

I stay completely still.

Not a thing can be heard from inside the house and neither Bree nor Diego is moving.

Eventually a shuffling comes from inside the house. "Now they know.." Our maker whispers.

"It doesn't matter, we have more people..." She cuts him off. "All warnings matter!" She growls at him. "We have have so much to do and only five days." she groans. "Enough hassle, you'll beging tonight."

"I won't disappoint you." Riley promises.
Bree and Diego quickly start running back, i didn't move as i was hidden very well.

In a few minutes Riley came out and started running back to the house everyone else were in.

I start moving away, running as fast as i can until a scream stops me. It cuts off abruptly. Worry claws inside me and i run back. The sight that greets me is so gruesome that i had to hold myself back from trying to help. Diego is being ripped apart by our maker.

She has a furious look that turns into a smirk as she sadisticly ripps Diego apart. Riley has a blank look on his face as he helps her. Soon he's in tiny pieces. If i had been human i would have puked. She looks at Riley. "Go do what i ordered you to do, i need to make more preparations."

I wait until they're far away enough so they won't hear me. I gently touch the pieces, anger and sadness making me feel sick. I start putting him back together.

*time skip*

Hours of work later i was nearly done. I put the last piece back and backed up when his eyes snapped open. He looked angry until he saw that i was the only one here. "Will? What happened?"

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Our creator ripped you apart and i put you together. Listen, i need to get back and you need to hunt. The rest of us are supposed to attack in five days, can you stay away until then?" He nods. "I'm going to do my best and keep Bree alive." I promise him before leaving hurriedly.

I reach the house and speed towards Fred's couch and hide behind it. Bree was already there. She gave me a weird look but i ignored it. Thoughts racing inside my head.

*time skip*

I ignore the fight that breaks out, until i suddenly hear Riley roar. "What is wrong with you?"

I sit up quickly and look out from behind the couch. Riley rips Kevin's arm clean of and breaks it in two. He throws them at him. "Don't any of you have a brain?!" He threw one of the guys into the tv before ripping the ear and some hair of a girl.

Riley must have realized that he was doing something very dangerous. There's a lot of us in here and everyone was taking defensive positions. "Listen to me." Riley started with a low voice. "Our lifes depends on that you listen on what I'm about to say, that you think! We are going to die, every last one of us, if you can't act like you have a brain for a few days."

This was nothing like his usual speeches. He definitely has everyone's attention. "It's time you grow up and take responsibility. Do you think you can live like this for free? That all blood in Seattle doesn't have a price?"

The small groups of vampires no longer seemed threatening. Everyone listened and looked unsure at each other. In the corner of my eyes i can see Fred look at me and Bree. Bree keeps her focus on Riley and the door. I assume she's looking for Diego. It makes me feel kinda bad but there is no way i can tell her about him with Riley in the room.

"Are you listening to me now? Are you really listening?" He paused but no one made any move. "Let me explain to you what a dangerous situation we are in. I'm going to try and make it easy for even the slowest of you. Raoul, Kristie, come here." He gestured for the two leaders to come up to him. "Fine," He growled at them. "We need leaders to survive, but apparently you two aren't ready for it. Kevin, Jen, i want you to lead this team with me." Kevin looked up in surprise. He'd just put his arm together again. He slowly moved towards Riley. Jen carefully looked at Kristie as if asking for permission.