Chapter twenty-nine

Third pov

The process of planting flowers had a strangely calming effect to it. It also felt weirdly familiar, like she'd done it before.

Esme was kind and patient as she helped Will. She was impressed by how careful she was, especially since newborns weren't really known for being careful. "How are you settling down in Volterra?"

Will smiled. "I love it there. Everyone is really nice, and i have my own room instead of being crammed into a basement with twenty others." She gently fixed the earth around the rose she'd just planted. "And since no one can hear me move Jane had the idea of a bracelet with a bell on it. Kinda makes me feel like a cat but it helps not scaring everyone whenever i enter a room."

Will liked Esme, she was nice and easy to talk to. Soon the two of them finished with the flowers and Esme got up. "Would you like to come with me while i hunt?" At Will's hesitation she added; "You don't have to hunt, it would just be nice with company."

Will looked back to the house. "I need to tell them I'm going first..." Even if she had free range of the castle she usually didn't stay far away from her mates for too long. "You do that, I'll wait here."

Will pov

Marcus sat in the kitchen with one of the guards. I tapped his shoulder. "Hello, my dear." He smiled. "I'm following Esme on a hunt, she wanted company."

He nodded. "We will be staying here until you get back." He kissed the back of my hand before i made my way outside again. Esme waited for me just outside the woods. "I'm ready to go."

It felt great to run through the forest. We stopped a bit in, the sounds of deer in front of us. I watched as she went from a housewife to a hunter. A predator ready to pounce on its prey. She took the deer down quick and painlessly. When she stood up again she had some blood on her clothers and around her mouth.

When we got back to the house the sky had darkened and it was time to go back to the hotel. Once back Aro went to call someone, Caius had some paperwork to take care of and Marcus sat down to read a book. I took a seat beside Marcus with paper and pens.

This is mostly a filler chapter but vote and tell me what you think :)