Chapter fourteen

Third pov

Diego realized immediately that staying to greet the human coming would not end well and he bolted together with a very hungry Bree. Not stopping until they were far enough away.

Caius, being the one with most training of newborns, saw as her eyes went black. He cursed the Cullen and his complete idiocy for bringing his blood singer here.

With no time to spare he had his mate in a gentle but firm grip. She snarled and tried to get to the only source of food for at least a mile.

Edward had stopped by his family, Bella now behind his back as he hadn't thought about the fact that there would be a newborn vampire there.

The other Cullens made sure to keep Bella out of sight for the future queen of Volterra.

Caius tried covering her nose with his jacket to give her something else to focus on. And it worked, at least a little. Her pitch black eyes stared up at him.
It looked like she was fighting internally with herself.

Once Aro saw her being momentarily distracted he turned to the Cullens. "I would suggest you take the human and leave." Edward looked like he was going to object but Aro continued talking. "Caius might be strong but not even he will be able to hold her back for long."

Carlisle, seeing the severity in the situation, began ushering his family towards their home. When they were gone Felix and Demitri left too. Aro and Marcus approached slowly, crouching beside them.

Will pov

My throat felt like fire, but the sweet smell of the jacket covering my nose made it slightly more bearable. A weird and slightly terrifying secure feeling spreads the longer the blond man holds me.

He whispers soothingly in italian. In my peripheral i see the yellow eyes move and two others approaching. The fog of hunger is hard to fight and i pray that i won't do anything stupid as it slowly takes over.

Third pov

It was easy to notice when the last rational thought left her mind as she immediately started struggling again. The jacket fell of.

With the only thing stopping her from smelling anything was gone her head snapped to the right. She had caught the scent of the hiker before them. And when they caught it it was too late. She had already broken out of Caius grip and went for the hiker, hunger being the only thing on her mind.

The three kings weren't too far behind but not even they could match the speed of a hungry newborn.

Caius swore quietly. "How stupid can the Cullen boy get? Bringing a human close to a newborn is just begging to set them off."

Marcus could only nod in agreement.

A scream was cut short in front of them, their mate reached the hiker before they did and now they could only watch the consequences of the Cullen boys decision.

Their mate fed quietly. Though her eyes darted to them, a low menacing growl erupting from her chest. She was not giving her food up. Aro sighed. He was not going to do something as stupid as to try and take her meal from her, but this did mean he would hear nagging from Carlisle.

Not far from there the remaining Volturi watched the Cullens in disbelief.

"Hold up. Your idiot son brings a human in the immidiet proximity of not one, but three newborns which have now resulted in one of them making a snack out of i assume, a hicker and you think that you have any right to complain?" Demitri sounded like he was going to laugh at them.

Felix smirked. "You do realize you brought this upon yourselves?"

Edward sat on the couch with Bella, Alice and Jasper. Carlisle winced at the slight jabbing on their intelligence. He didn't have a foot to stand on and he knew it. They had all heard the short scream, their vampire hearing making it possible, it was to late to stop the newborn anyway. The wolves would not be happy about it but there wasn't anything they could really do.

A thought grew in Carlisle mind as they waited for the kings to come back, maybe they could convince the future queen to start feeding on animals? It might help putting the thought of a different way to feed in other vampires minds.

Edward heard his vampire fathers thoughts and nodded slightly to him. It would help convincing others of a more humane way to feed. Emmet looked at Edward and Bella. "I can take her home. It wouldn't be too good if that girl tries to eat her." He had a surprisingly serious look. Bella nodded and let him drive her home, Rosalie coming with them.

Tell me what you think :)

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)