the assassins (rewritten)

POV courier

the rain, the thunder, I both loved it and hated it, it's no lie it doesn't rain much back home, so it's nice to feel on my face, but my amour wasn't water, so I was getting wet, and lost our here trying to make my way back into the castle wasn't fun, lost somewhere in the trees.

one week, one long week of trying to work out what lead me here, one long week of adapting to life here severely. someone dropped something the other day and I pulled my revolver out to stop at something on reflex.

I stopped and checked my pip-boy as it found a radio station, it was a string of random numbers, the signal was weak, but not a normal radio, I'll have to investigate...I wasn't alone, someone else was close by me...behind me.

I placed my hand on my revolver and turned slowly, ready to draw, and what did I find waiting for me? nothing just thin air, I shook my head. "I'm losing it," I muttered to myself. 

the thunder struck again and I jumped, this weather had me on edge, I still felt someone behind me, I turned again my hand fluttering over my revolver, ready to strike, I saw something, jumping in the tree above me, then something from the darkness, an arrow smashed into my armour knocking me back.

from that direction, an elf like Messa, with white hair, he was holding a bow, I grabbed the arrow and pulled it out of my chest, discarding it, my hand hovered over my revolver, and we stared for a long moment, my eyes meeting his.

I pulled out my revolver but the elf was quicker his arrow knocking it out of my hand. 

before I could reach for it, he charged me his bow changed turning into a pair of daggers, I blocked with my arm guard, and then the man kicked me, I fell to the floor rolling and only just dodging the elf from jumping on me and taking my throat out.

"You put up more of a fight than I expected human," the elf said, I couldn't see him, I was on my knees, holding my stomach in false pain. "but you can not live," 

"Yay, Yay," I mumbled, my hand moving down to the boot knife that lived in my boot holster. I jumped up my knife cutting and taking out a small lock of his hair, I managed to roll over to my revolver. 

I put my knife back and brought up my gun, once again an arrow, cutting the side of my hair, I stumbled back, in the confusion of the rain and fight, I'd ended up on the edge of a small cliff, I lost my footing and with a scream, I fell off.

POV 3rd person

Runaan looked over at the motionless body of the strange human lying at the bottom of th small drop, as the rain fell on and bounced off his body. "Runaan are you alright?" one of the Moonshadow elves asked coming over to their leader. 

Runaan hand moved up to his hair, and the missing stranded on the left side of his hair. "I did not expect him to put up such a fight, he was close to cutting my skin," 

the female peered over the edge with him. "do you think more of the human soldiers are like that?" 

Runaan shook his head. "No I don't come on we need to return to camp,"  

as the storm ended and the next morning began, Rayla the youngest of the assassins on her first mission, her blade was red, but not with blood, she had a chance to kill but couldn't bring her self to kill the young guard. 

"Is it done?" Runaan asked the young girl

"It is...what happened to your hair?" Rayla asked. 

Runaan's hand went to the courier had cut him. "Another human guard, this one was more skilled, but he is dead now," Runaan said. "now it is time," he said holding out write ribbons...