hello again old friend (rewritten)

POV the courier

the lone wander hadn't stopped. she had been attacked, by someone who knew her, and she wasn't letting it go easily, she had searched Megton and the surrounding areas and had found nothing, she informed Elder Lions, and Brotherhood were searching.

so it was daybreak by the time we finally made it back to her house, and Lucy was up and going already, playing fetch with the lone wanderer's dog, as ED-E floated nearby, Lucy saw us come in and hugged me. "Look! She's got a dog too! but this one isn't half robot," 

the lone wanderer turned to me. "Half Robot dog?" 

"Do you not have those?" I asked.

the wanderer shook her head. "well, we should get a move on, we've had reports of super mutants in the north ruins," 

"hey Luc, how would you feel about spending time with V?" I asked

the young girl jumped up and down. "YES!" she said. 

 we headed out, me, Lucy, ED-E, Dogmeat and the lone wanderer, the walk took a few hours but we reached where the NCR had set up their embassy, Veronica was talking with a person behind the front desk. 

"V!" I called, Veronica turned and just pushed the paperwork into the desk person's lap, and walked over to me. 

"Six," she said hugging me. "Please tell me you're here to save me from all this..." 

I shrugged. "Depends, we were gonna leave Luc here with you for a bit..."

"NO! I AM COMING WITH YOU! I NEED TO PUNCH SOMETHING!" Veronica yelled. the man behind the desk was filled with horror as he ducked behind the desk hoping not to get punched.

"We're going to that citadel place, then to fight some mutants, I'd rather not take Luc into that," I said.

Veronica sighed. "let's go to the citadel, then deal with it," I nodded as we walked back out. 

"ANUTY VERONICA!" Lucy yelled running over and hugging her. 

"I thought we were leaving the kid here?" the wanderer asked. "Or has the plan changed?" 

"Don't they always?" 

Veronica walked over. "I don't think we've met, I'm Veronica," she said pointing out her hand.

the wanderer shock. "You can call me the lone wanderer," 

Veronica's eyes went wide. "You're the...oh...oh my," 

"She's heard of you then," I said. 

"A lot of people talk about you," Veronica said, she was still shaking the lone wanderer's hand. 

"Veronica, you're blushing," I said. 

"EP!" she called letting go of the wanderer's hand and covering her face.

the wanderer let out a short laugh. "You seem like a fun person Veronica," Veronica squealed again.

"If we're done embrasssing my friend, can we move?" I asked. 

"Depends, is your friend done being Embarrassed?" the lone wanderer asked. 

"Yes please," Veronica whispered.

the citadel was impressive, it was some pre-war government base, but now it had been transformed into the military HQ of the Brotherhood of Steel, it made the bunker back west look like a pile of scrap, and even the power armour was more advanced. 

elder Sarah Lyons was certainly the right kinda person a brotherhood faction needed, so by the time the West Coast chapters decided to mend their relationship with the East Coast chapter, the Mohave chapter was chosen for being the most know-how with outsiders.