One last time: Lams

Warning: mention of suicide, death, a bit of blood, and overall depressing

John's POV

I took a shaky breath, my stomach felt like it was on fire. I lowered my hand to my stomach and when I put my hand back up to look at it blood was covering it. I got dizzy and fell. I felt like I heard screams for help, but they were fading. They were soft like a whisper spoken on a summer breeze. There was a man above me looking like he was shouting for something. He had short black hair, and he was wearing a blue uniform.

Eventually he left me. I stared up at the stars in the midnight blue sky. I sighed, the pain was slowly fading. I wish Alex was here with me. He would know what to do. He was my best friend, my lover. I knew that I was dying. I saw the guy over me again with more people with him. They picked me up and brought me to a medical tent. I knew I was dying and I wasn't going to be able to be saved.

The doctor tried to do everything he could do, but eventually he said there was no hope. My wound was already infected and it was deep. I sighed once again and muttered under my breath, "My love take your time." Took one last shaky breath and closed my eyes. The pain stopped, I felt happier than ever. Then I remembered Alex. I muttered under my breath, "Alex don't worry about me. Please don't do anything really stupid and get yourself killed. I'm in a better place now. I love you and I will always love you."

Alex POV

I was writing down ideas for a new government down when I noticed I got a letter. It was from Laurens, I opened it and read it. It stated John Laurens had died while in battle. They tried to save him, but there was nothing they could do. I let out a choked sob. I sobbed for about an hour or two before I heard a knock on my door.

I opened the door and saw Herc and Laf. They embraced me and I led them in. We sat down and I started sobbing again. They understood that I was going through pain. They were the only ones who knew John and I were lovers. In fact Herc and Laf were lovers themselves.

Time skip brought to you by my gayness

I was at John's grave. "I'm so sorry my love. I wasn't there for you, I wasn't even there to say goodbye. I-I w-wish I-I c-could h-have s-saved y-you." I choked out while sobbing. My tears hit the dark earthy dirt.

"R-raise a g-glass to f-freedom, something t-they can never t-take a-away no m-matter what t-they tell y-you" I sung while sobs shook my whole body. I didn't know how I was going to live without my dear John.

Time squip 

I couldn't live without John, I couldn't. Sobs shook my whole body as I grabbed the sharp dagger. "I-I'm So s-sorry J-John." I choked out and stabbed myself in the stomach and heart. Blood poured out, I felt good for once. Then I felt no pain.