Operation Turtles: Lams

Alex's POV

I watched in admiration as John watched the turtles, in the tank, swimming around with adoration. His face was right up against the glass and he had a huge smile on his face. His smile was so big that if he tried to smile anymore it wouldn't fit on his face. I was leaning back against the wall watching John look at the animals. We were at an aquarium.

John had begged me to go to aquarium yesterday, so today I let him. He even gave me a pouty lip, that I couldn't resist, while begging. He even made turtle pancakes, because I can't cook for my life. So today I agreed to go there, so here we are now.

The glass was fogging up, because of his breath. He was slightly bouncing up and down from excitement. He then backed away from the glass and darted to the next exhibit. Which was, as you can guess, more turtles. He looked like a kid in a candy store, he was so excited. I walked over to him whined, "I want cuddles."

He spun around in 180 degrees super fast and faced me. "Wait what?" He asked confused.

"I want cuddles." I whined. His face went from confused back to excited and ushered me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I leant back into his embrace. I let out a content sigh and he went back to looking at turtles. We eventually had to separated, so that we could walk though. So then, he held my hand as we walked around. At the final exhibit he looked slightly sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked him concerned.

"We're at the end already." He complained.

"Aren't you hungry though, we can grab dinner and head home?" I asked him while my stomach let out a small growl of protest from it having no food in it. He gave a slight nod, then looked back at the sharks we were looking at. Eventually we had to leave though.

We grabbed food and went in the car again to go home. He was driving us when he said, "I got a brilliant plan. Since the turtles at The aquarium are trapped, we could rescue them, and free them. Yes, we can do it tonight!" He told me excitedly.

"John, no." I told him calmly.

"John, yes!" He shouted. I sighed knowing I couldn't change his mind. He pulled off on the nearest exit and turned around to go back to the aquarium. We found a parking spot, when we got there, and he looked in the back seat.

He pulled out a backpack and said, "we'll probably be able to only be able to rescue two or three." I let out a sigh and he stepped outside. Somehow he got us in without anybody noticing us and walked to the turtle exhibit. He then found an 'only workers' door and looked at it. He whined, "I don't know how to pick a lock." I sighed and did it for him by pulling out a Bobby pin from my pocket. I mean you never know when you're going to need them, especially being near John.

We went in and he went to the water of where you can get into the turtle exhibit. He snuck two turtles into the backpack and we rushed out without being caught. When we got back into the car he got the turtles out. They blinked up curiously at him.

"Hi Sam Adams, hi Libby." He told them.

"You've already named them?" I asked him shocked.

"Yeah, of course," he told me casually. I blinked shocked at him. He shrugged and we drove back home. He put them in a tank with their necessities in it and we went to bed. He had just gotten in and was cuddling me, when there was a knock at the door. He sighed and got up. I let out a whine from the loss of contact and heat.

I heard talking at the door and got up. I walked over to him and saw a policeman at the door. "What's wrong officer?" I asked him.

"You see I saw you two steal turtles, well more like he stole turtles." He told us and pointed at John.

I let out a sigh and told him, "I'm sorry, I couldn't stop him."

He sighed and told us, "Just get the turtles and nothing bad will happen to you guys, since this is the first issue. Please don't steal anymore turtles though." I went into our room and grabbed the turtles.

He had tears going down his face while he told the turtles, "Goodbye Libby, Goodbye Sam Adams. I'll miss you."

I pulled John into an embrace and he cried into my shoulder. I heard the door shut as the officer left. I dragged him to the bed and flopped onto it. I pulled his arm, so that he would fall into the bed with me.

"You owe me cuddles." I told him while burying my face into his chest. A few minutes later I fell asleep. Of course after John had, because I fell asleep listening to him breathing. It was rather calming, and lured me into slumber.