The crash: Jamilton

Alex's POV

I pushed on the brake petals as hard as I could. The car screeched to a stop at the red light, but it had stopped too late. A car rammed into the side of my car shattering glass and bending metal. The air bag went off burning my face and hands, because I had put my hands over my face to try to protect it better. My head slammed into the air bag. The glass on the left side of the car was shattered and all over the passenger seat. Some had even gotten on me.

I could feel a few shards of glass in my arm. The windshield was cracked with hairline fractures all over it. I could hear people screaming and and an ambulance coming near. I fought to keep my eyes open and not give into the sleepiness. I was gradually loosing as I lost consciousness.

I woke up to a white room and a beeping noise. The beeping noise was steady , and then I realized it was a heart monitor. I was in a hospital, I didn't know how I got here though. What was my name, how did I know I was in a hospital, am I alone? I wondered.

I tried to sit up, but some cords blocked me from standing up. Suddenly a man with very curly brown hair came running in. He was wearing a magenta suit and looked worried. "Alex! Alex, are you ok?!" He asked worriedly.

'Who's Alex?' I wondered. "A-Alex?" I asked.

"Y-you are, don't you remember? I'm your boyfriend Thomas. Thomas Jefferson, we've been together for 3 years now." He told me. I just looked questionably at him. Suddenly a girl ran in shouting at the man, Thomas, saying wait. She told him something that I couldn't hear and he broke down in sobs.

"W-What's going on?" I asked no one in particular.

"You see you were in a car crash, you hit your head hard, suffered from many fatal burns, had glass stuck in you, and you have lose your memory." The girl told me, "A boy by the name of John Laurens was killed in the accident."

John Laurens, the name sounded familiar. But, I couldn't figure out why. Thomas came over to me and embraced me. It felt right to be in his arms, but my cuts and burns hurt from it. "Ouch." I said.

He scrambled back and apologized. He eventually had to leave though. I eventually lost track of the number of days I was stuck here. My memory wasn't back though.

It was nice because Thomas would visit me everyday and I could feel myself fall in love with him. He was sweet, but little did we know that my memory would never come back. We tried many things, but it never did come back. Then one day I was walking across the street when it happened. A car came while I was in the middle of the road. It hit me I tumbled over the car and fell onto the road. It was painful, I had felt no pain compared to it before.

I could feel multiple bones break. I was bleeding all over the streets then it happened. I got my memory back just to say, "I'm sorry Thomas, my love." And passed out. I never did wake up again