The swim: Marliza

Eliza's POV

I swam up and gasped for air, when I got to the surface. After several minutes catching my breath, I felt Maria splash me. I turned around, so that I was facing her and smirked while saying, "oh you're on!" I splashed her with some water and she giggled. We proceeded to have the splash fight for a few minutes before Maria was right in front of me.

Our faces were so close that I could feel her breath on my face. She looked like she was debating something. Then she connected our lips. I kissed her back, then was splashed into the water. "AH HELP ME!" I screamed. I eventually went up to the surface and gasped for air though.

I smirked and splashed her again. She let out a scream from being surprised. Then she turned around and glared at me. I let out a few giggles and she jumped onto me, pulling me into a hug. After we burst to the surface, I got a brillant plan. I was going to go under water, sneak up behind Maria, and splash her.

I dove under the deep blue wager and tried to swim to her. I got a couple of feet near her, I was about a half of a foot away from being under her. But then, my foot got caught. I had accidentally kicked the ground and got my foot caught in between rocks. I tried to yank my foot out, but it still wouldn't budge. I kept trying to yank it out, but it still wouldn't move. I was running out of air. Some bubbles appeared in the water as some of the air that I was holding escaped.

The world starting going black, I went limp. My last though was, 'I'm sorry Maria, my love.'

Maria's POV

I haven't seen Eliza in a little while. I was starting to get concerned. I looked down into the water and saw a black sape near me. It was big, almost big enough to be a person. Bubbles then appeared. "ELIZA!" I screamed, took a breath, then dove under the water. I went to near the ground of the ocean and saw her body. I got her unstuck and onto dry land. I. Checked for a pulse and to see if she was breathing. There was no pulse and she want breathing. I sobbed and tried to do CPR. It didn't work. I sobbed even harder and thought, 'I'm sorry I couldn't save you Eliza'