uno

june 11, 1970

her cheek was bleeding. she had a wound that covered her entire cheekbone and a small thread of blood fell through it.

it hurts, it hurts a lot.

felicity dawn edvone's eyes were sharp. she couldn't repress the pain, she couldn't defend herself because they were three against one and she knew perfectly well that no one would come to help her.

she could do nothing. nothing at all.

why have the boys to be so evil? dawn thought as she got up from the ground and tried to escape from dylan atkins.

atkins was a stupid boy of her school, one year older than her, and he liked to spend his time making dawn's life impossible.

dylan had been spouting the rumor that she was a witch and that like any other witch she had to be burned.

and the other students, who were apparently as stupid as he was, believed him.

a few yards away from that fight, there was a sixteen-year-old boy who still couldn't believe his luck.

the black-haired boy took from his pocket the photo they had given him and looked at it with a small devilish smile.

it was usually harder to find his target, given the fact that the commission didn't give them much information. only the name, how it looks and some data like the place where they lived.

but number five had a good day today. he was in the year 1970, he had arrived without problems, he ate a hot dog and now he was walking by the street while he laughed internally when he saw the weird clothes that the people were wearing.

the lucky part was was that right now, he had just found his work almost done.

"dylan, i want to go home. can you just leave me alone?" asked the redhead girl.

five could see that she was trying to look like a strong person but it was almost impossible with her broken voice and her watery eyes.

they must have punched her a lot.

five approached with slow steps while one of the boys who were attacking her started kicking her in the stomach causing the redhead girl to start coughing up blood.

five was placed next to the boy who was in charge of the group, dylan, and he took his time before intervening. he cleaned his jacket and adjusted his pants and checked where he kept the gun.
five didn't even care about the girl they were kicking.

after being sure he was ready, he decided to talk. "i think that's enough."

dylan was surprised to hear him, he hadn't heard the boy arrive. although what surprised him most was his clothing.

was that kid wearing a suit?

"and who are you?" asked dylan to five.

five didn't feel like acting, so he decided to go easy.
he punched the boy, who had talked to him, in the nose to shut him up. dylan brought his hands to his bloody nose, it was whimpering more than dawn's when they were kicking her.

the other two who were with dylan didn't even choose to get in trouble with five, they just stopped hitting the girl and walked to the other side of the street to get away from them.

"thank you." said dawn getting up by herself.

don't thank me, thought five. i came to kill you.

dawn saw dylan start to walk away from them, letting out a few curses. finally the karma acted in favor of dawn or that was what she thought. but she was so wrong.

"but i could handle them alone." the redhead girl talked again.

her stomach and her face hurt like hell. but dawn was already used to it and knew that if she tried to fend for herself she would never get anything.

five laughed at his comment. "yeah, sure you could with all of them lying there on the ground."

the boy's sarcasm made dawn get upset. that's why she turned in her little shoes and prepared to face that stranger.

however, when she was face to face with him she realized that he had no chance of winning.

five had a gun in his hand and was pointing the redhead girl at the head.

"get on your knees."

===
word count: 733

five is an asshole but we love him

𝓁𝑜𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊