cuatro

they were at the entrance of the orphanage, dawn was feeling a little nervous. she didn't want to be caught. the truth was that dawn couldn't bring anyone to the orphanage, neither she nor anyone else who was in the orphanage.

she entered the main door leaving five waiting leaning on the door but in a way that the old lady at the entrance couldn't see him.

'wait until i can get you in.' the redhead told five when she saw him follow her quietly. 'nobody can see you.'

what dawn didn't know was that five didn't need distractions to enter without being seen. he just needed his power, he had had a series of problems with time travel but he still had a perfect command of transporting himself in space.

"good afternoon, margaret." the ginger girl told the sixty-year-old woman, who seemed to be forty years old and was sitting in the lobby reading the newspaper of the day.

"you're late, felicity." said the woman with a serious expression looking at her over her half moon glasses. "why do you have those wounds?"

five was already on the other side of the aisle watching the situation and thinking about what excuse the redhead girl would put.

"i was in a hurry and i fell down the stairs." dawn answered without looking the woman in the eye. five couldn't resist laughing. whoever believed that was stupid, the boy thought.

"well, go up to your room and clean your face, young lady! i'll let you know when dinner is ready." the older woman said, lowering her eyes again to the newspaper.

dawn looked back at the front door and didn't see five, so she got scared. she turned her head in search of that mysterious boy and found him in the hallway waiting for her with his body leaning against the wall, as if he had been waiting there for a while.

dawn smiled unconsciously when she saw him there. she was relief that he was safe.

"i don't feel like eating today, i'm not feeling very well." the ginder girl said to the woman, scrambling into the corridor where five were waiting for her.

the woman couldn't care less, she didn't eve hear what dawn say, she was too busy reading about the act that was going to be done that same day. on june 11, 1970 the united states was going to appoint two women as generals, that was the first time in history for the united states and margaret still couldn't believe it.

"come, i'll show you my room." dawn whispered grabbing his hand and pulling him to go with her up the stairs.

the two climbed the stairs and dawn knew that she no longer needed to hold five's hand but she hadn't released it and five hadn't made any sign of displeasure. he had even grabbed her with a gentle squeeze.

five looked at the structure of the old building, the wood was worn and poorly maintained, it had leaks and when they reached the corridor of the bedroom, he found that the rooms were small, poorly organized and with few things. some girls from the orphanage poked their heads through the doors when they saw five in the hall next to dawn.

none of them said anything, they just watched him from distances somewhat surprised because dawn had a boy inside the orphanage and they were forbidden to do that. and well, they were also a little surprised by the beauty of the boy.