cinco

"and what do we do now?" asked five surprised to realize how excited he was.

he wasn't going to admit it in his thoughts, much less out loud, but he was beginning to like spending time with dawn.

"okay, thanks for taking care of me but i'm fine. you can go now" dawn just wanted to rest a little her head and all the muscles that hurt. she still remembered the fact that five had pointed a gun at her head and that didn't make her feel very good.

five was a little annoyed to hear those words. he wanted to think that it was only because in that way she was destroying his plan of killing her but the real reason was that he wanted to spend more time with her.

the real reason was that he didn't want to scare her. that he didn't want to kill her. he wanted her to also want to go out and do something outside with him.

"i'm not going to hurt you," said five, thinking that she was refusing because he had scared her before. the problem was that it didn't matter that at that moment he did not want to hurt her, because the end would have to do it.

in the end he would have to kill her. because he couldn't break a commission rule. not when he was about to see his family.

"i ain't got time for your games," said the blue eyed girl, getting up from the bed and opening the door of her room, telling him that he should leave. it was also late and dawn had had a very tired day. she wanted to go to sleep.

"i'm playing no game," said five approaching her. but instead of going out the door he stood in front of her and rested his hand on her shoulder.

five didn't know how to do these things and he was afraid to scare her if he came to caress her cheek or try to hug her so he decided to go little by little.

however, dawn took a step back, making five's hand fall from his shoulder. "i'm not being rude, but can you give me my space?"

dawn didn't mind that five would be so close to her, it didn't even bother her that five would be touching her. but that was the problem. that boy got her world upside down and she didn't even know him. that made her very angry.

five tried to think of an excuse, something to stay close to her. but it was hard to think with her gaze on him and for some strange reason his mind seemed to want to let her go. his mind wanted to leave her alive.

"the real reason i don't want to leave is because i ran away from home." those words were true. "i don't want to go back and i don't know where to stay." but those words weren't.

compassion, five was looking for dawn's compassion and empathy.

the ginger girl changed the expression on her face to one that indicated pity. five didn't want her to feel sorry about his situation but this was his only option.

"did they hurt you?" dawn asked closing the door to her room so no one could hear them.

five didn't take long to answer. "yes."

he was being honest with dawn about something he hadn't talked about with anyone. his family and the pain they caused him. his childhood was full of test and more tests of pain, his father forced them to get tattoos when they were just kids, who didn't wanted them, he forced them to compete among them and see their brothers and sisters as rivals, they didn't receive more love than from a robot what they should call mom and if any of them expressed some feelings, they were weak, they were useless.