Chapter 3: Tyan

Ryan's POV
After Goldy went to find Unicorn, I set off to look for Tina. She was at the basketball court with her brother, Tony, playing one on one. I went over and watched for a bit, until Tina spotted me and called a time out.
"Hey Ryan! What are you doing here?" Tina asked, running over to me.
"Just came to see of you wanted to catch up. But if you're busy, I can g-" She cut me off before I could finish my sentence.
"No it's fine! I just need to tell Tony real quick." I nodded to her and she sprinted towards her brother. I couldn't hear the conversation, but I saw Tony look my direction before giving Tina a slight nod. She hugged him and ran back to where I waited.
"So where do you wanna go?" She asked as we walked away.
"How about the park? Goldy and Unicorn should be there, so we can talk on the way and then get up with them." I replied, and she smiled at the idea. It was weird seeing Tina so calm at the thought of meeting up with Goldy, but I guess time changes people.
We soon arrived at the park after a nice long chat. But to my surprise, Tina didn't call me 'Cutie' once. I tried to ignore it, but it was quietly eating away at me.

Tina's POV
I spotted Unicorn Mann and Goldy talking on one of the benches and guessed they were catching up. I looked over at Ryan to tell him to let them be, but stopped myself when I noticed his face. He seemed upset...
I led him to a bench far enough away from our friends to where they couldn't see us and my worry grew even more. Ryan had his body motioned away from me and his expression was blank.
"Ryan?" I asked quietly. His head perked up to look at me.
"What?" He replied, his voice hoarse from what I figured was anger.
"Did I do something?" I asked looking down.
He studied my mood for a few moments before responding. But instead of speaking, he took my hand. I froze, but I didn't pull away. Something sparked inside of me...an old flame? I thought I was over my feelings for Ryan, but he just proved me wrong...

Ryan's POV
I saw Tina hesitate at my gesture. I guess things really have changed...
"I'm supposed to be the one who makes the moves." Tina joked. I chuckled, and then I grabbed her other hand. I wasn't sure when my feelings for Tina developed, but they did, and I was not going to lose her.