Chapter 8: The Project

Unicorn's POV
A couple of days had passed since Sabre's unpleasant return. Ryan and Tina have been doing their best to keep him away from Goldy. It's good to know they're on my side.
Class had just begun and Ms. Ley was talking about some kind of group project. My mind started wandering until I heard her announce the groups.
"Okay students! Here are the groups. Tony, Kat, Sabre, and Cookie are a group. Lizzy, Danny, Dave, and Angel. Tine, Ryan, Goldy, and Unicorn Mann. And lastly, Sal, Ace, Emily, and Cassi."
My heart started racing when I heard what group I was in. I was with the old squad. And more importantly, Goldy.
The bell rang and Mr. Ley called out to us as we were leaving.
"Remember kids, the topic for the project is 'What is Love to Me?' and it's due next week! Enjoy the rest of your day!"
Love, huh? This should be interesting.

Goldy's POV
Everyone agreed to meet at Ryan's house after school so we could work on the assignment. The topic stumped me a little though. Love was something that I never really considered important until recently. It was something that I always thought was a waste of time, or just gross, icky stuff. But even after I started having more respect for it, it was something that I never focused on.
The final bell rang, dismissing everyone to go home. I went to my locker to put my books away. I heard footsteps coming from behind my now opened locker, and closed it slightly to see which was there. And to my surprise, it was Sabre.
"Hey Goldy. Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you wanted to join me at the park later." He asked, giving my a sweet smile. I was about to except, but I then remembered the project.
"I wish I could Sabre, but I'm meeting up with the gang to work on the love project. Maybe another time." I replied as I closed my locker and walked off. I heard him say okay from behind me, and I continued on my path.
I soon arrived at Ryan's house and I knocked on the door. I heard someone yell "It's open!" and I came inside. I turned into the living room and found Tina, Ryan, and Unicorn sitting in a triangle around a pile of books and paper.
"Am I late?" I asked as I took a seat next to Unicorn.
"You're actually right on time. We were just about to start." Tina replied.

We spent the next two hours making plans and assigning tasks. We were about to continue, but my phone buzzed, signaling that my dad had texted me.
Goldy, dinner's ready and will get cold if you don't hurry home
I let out a small giggle at the message before telling the gang. Tina and Ryan nodded, while Unicorn offered to walk me home. I agreed and we headed off.

Unicorn's POV
Goldy and I were saying goodbye at her front door until it opened to reveal her dad.
"Goldy there you are. I was wandering what was-" he stopped once he noticed me. Goldy saw this and grinned.
"Dad, you remember Unicorn? My friend from daycare who would always come over to play video games?" Goldy asked.
Her father nodded before smiling. Or at least I think he was smiling. He's a block of gold, so it's hard to tell.
"Oh yes! Unicorn." He turned and faced me. "How about you join us for dinner. It's been quite some time since you've done that." I pondered the offer and looked to Goldy for advice. She smiled and nodded.
"I'd love to." I answer. Her dad opened the door for Goldy and I to enter. As I walked in, I got a strange sense if deja Vu...