━━ chapter one.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘❝ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐅𝐀 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐅𝐀 ❞

"THIS WILL FAIL." she scoffs, pacing back and forth in her living quarters, pulling at her boots.

"You have to have faith. Please." he begs. She hated hearing the signs of weakness in his voice. He had to be strong for everyone, including herself.

"She is far gone. I'm sorry." she mumbled.

"You can change her."

"She would never listen to me."

"You love her?" the man asked.

"I did love her. Apparently it was infatuation to her."

"Love does not simply die out in such a manner."

"It will once she realises the truth."

"You truly believe so?"

"I do."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

ILEANA WATCHED as Yon-Rogg moved around the planet projection of Torfa, explaining their mission today. Despite the man being their leader, Ileana never respected him. She had her reasons. She looks across to her left, noticing the attentive look Vers had across her face, hanging onto every word of Yon-Rogg's.

"We have news of a Kree operative named Soh-Larr who is in danger of being captured by the Skrulls. The Skrulls have yet again taken control of another border planet, the planet being Torfa. Soh-Larr sent a warning signal but it was unfortunately intercepted by the Skrulls. His cover is blown. We have to get to him before they do. The Skrull general Talos has dispatched kill units to find him" Yon-Rogg stated. The others nod in agreement, before Yon-Rogg stares directly at Ileana.

"You're awfully quiet. I would expect a half hearted comment from you of all people." he added.

"I have nothing to say, sir." Ileana stares at him. She truly hated the sight of him. She wondered why he had to be the leader of the Starforce. She knew someone else fitted the role better than the man in front of her.

"Very well. For the good of all Kree." Yon-Rogg dismisses them. The others repeat the statement before readying themselves with weapons as they begin their departure towards Torfa. Illeana armed herself with a small Kree axe, running her slender fingers along the blade. She was careful not to cut her skin. She looked up to meet Vers's gaze. The woman's stare piercing her skin. After their previous disagreement a while ago, Illeana did not want to trouble Vers much longer.