━━ chapter eight.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧❝ 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ❞

"WHAT HAVE you done with her?" he glares at the wounded Skrull on the floor, blaster tightly gripped in his hand.

"You're too late." the Skrull heaves, pain coursing through his body. The man breathes, anger running around his head. She knows the truth.

"She knows?" he asked, dreading the answer to his question. The Skrull simply smirks, angering the man even more before shooting a blast at the Skrull, silencing him for good.

He had bigger problems to worry about. His plan failed. He needed to stop her before the Kree loses everything. An idea pops up into his head, contacting a fellow Kree. The projection of the man appears from his fingers. The Kree sported a large hammer, skin a deep blue.

"Ronan, the Skrulls have infiltrated C-53. Come at once." the man said.

"For the good of all Kree, commander. The infestation will be eradicated." The man disconnects the transmission call. He needed to find Vers.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

ILEANA WATCHES Fury stroking the fur of Goose, smiling to herself. She never expected to see Fury so enamoured by such a creature. On the other hand, Talos was terrified of Goose. In fact, Goose was no ordinary ginger cat. He was part of a species known as the Flerken. However, she did not want to alarm Fury on such news despite Talos warning them about the dangers of having a Flerken.

Ileana chuckles once Maria and Fury question Talos about the things he could shape shift into, Maria asking if he could shape shift into a filing cabinet. Fury suggested a Venus Flytrap, wagering fifty bucks for him to turn into the plant. Carol and Ileana exchange amused looks as they listen to the conversation between the three individuals.

"What about you Ileana?" Fury asked.

"What about me?" Ileana looks back at Fury.

"If you're a Skrull, how come you're not in the...green form?" he asked.

"Well, I'm actually a Skrull hybird. My father was a Skrull, my mother was a human. So, I do possess the shape shifting abilities but my permanent form in my human form. I suppose the human DNA was dominant in my body."

"Like I said before, others will find it hard to shape shift. It took Ileana longer than the average Skrull child to shape shift for the first time."

"That's very interesting." Maria added. It was nice to be open about herself now. No more secrets. No more hiding the truth from Carol.

"Switching engines from scramjet to fusion. Buckle up folks." The speed of the vehicle increases, Ileana taking a glance as they leave the Earth's atmosphere. The increase in pressure, noticing the worried look on Fury's face.