𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘❝ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ❞

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ❞

INDIVIDUALS SHUFFLE around the Avengers compound, a sense of panic overwhelming them. Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff watched on the projection as the mortality rate of several countries rapidly increase exponentially. This was an utter nightmare to the both of them, Steve clenching his jaw in frustration. James Rhodes was keeping his eye on what seemed to be a pager belonging to Nick Fury. On the pager, a symbol is displayed. Red and blue colours appear on the screen, a yellow star aligning the two in the middle. No one understood what the insignia meant.

The light from the pager dies, Rhodes frowning. He walks back to the main lobby, joining Steve and Natasha.

"Hey guys, the thing we're examining just stopped whatever the hell it was doing." Rhodes informs the both of them. Steve and Natasha exchange looks of confusion before joining Rhodes back to the room with the pager. Bruce was busy examining the frequency signals emitted from the pager, hoping to see who Nick Fury was trying to contact.

"What's wrong?" Natasha asked.

"Whatever signal the device was sending, died off." Bruce informs them.

"I thought you bypassed the battery?" Steve added.

"We did but the signal just stopped." Rhodes added.

"Who was Fury trying to contact?" Steve mumbled to himself.

"What now?" Rhodes asked.

"Reboot it." Steve said.

"Wait, we don't even know what this thing does." Bruce sounded hesitant.

"Fury did. Reboot it and let me know what is on the other end of the signal as soon as possible." Natasha commands, turning around only to meet the gaze of a blonde haired woman. She was covered in a blue and red suit with gold details. 

"Where's Fury?" the blonde woman asked.

"Who are you?" Steve asked.

"My name is Carol Danvers. I got Fury's call. What happened?" she asked.

"He's gone." Steve said. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬

CAROL FLIES through the dull sky, arriving in the city of New Orleans. She descends, feet touching the ground before rushing towards the farmhouse. She sees a figure leaving the farmhouse, noticing it was Maria. The best friend runs up to Carol, hugging her tightly. Carol notices the tears in the woman's eyes.

"Carol..." Maria sobs. Carol catches her in time. She knew Maria just had surgery. She shouldn't exerting herself.

"What happened?" Carol asked.

"Monica...she...disintegrated..." Maria slurs her words.

"Where's Ileana? Did she..." Carol was scared to hear the answer. Her heart sank once Maria nods. She was too late. This was now personal. Carol will make sure Thanos pays for this. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬

lol, i had to change the ending after watching episode 4 of wandavision.