━━ chapter two.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢❝ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓 𝐂-𝟓𝟑 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓 𝐂-𝟓𝟑 ❞

THE FLASHES OF IMAGES appears in her mind, seeing the life of a young girl unfolding before her. A young girl who loved sports, wanting to be able to anything a boy could do. Her father's disapproving words and glares fuelling her even more.

No matter how much she would fail, she wanted to try again and again. No matter how many times her father persistently told her she's not good enough. She knew her worth and she never stopped trying to be the best she could be.

The images shifted to what seemed to be an air hangar. A woman appears next to her, slinging her arm over her shoulders. She happened to smile, looking at the woman and feeling a sense of familiarity once looking at her.

The image shifted once again to being on a desolate planet, injured and weak as the heat of the environment hurts her skin. She looks up to see a silhouette walking towards her, before noticing the green hint of the individual's skin. Talos. It was him.

Vers knew something was wrong, forcing herself to awaken from consciousness as she found herself suspended in the air. She lazily surveys the room, seeing two Skrulls by the control panel and electric pulses beaming along her temples.

The room was surrounded by several Skrulls, standing in front of a console with several screens. Vers managed to peak at the screens, seeing the images which previously appeared in flashes in her mind. Where did these images come from and why did they feel so familiar? Vers manages to see the Skrull form Ileana attentively scanning through the images. She hated her. Vers could never believe she grew feelings for someone like Ileana. She hated her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

ILEANA KNEW how angry Vers must have been feeling once seeing her in front of her with the Skrulls. She had no choice. She had to infiltrate Starforce for her people. Her people always came first. She never meant to grow feelings for Vers. She thought she could keep the charade up but now it was out in the open. She wanted Vers to love her back but now she will never have that opportunity ever again.

"Try again. We cannot lose that memory of Wendy Lawson. Go back." Talos commanded his followers. Ileana walks up to him, as his shoulders relaxed before staring at his second in command.

"Do you think this is the best solution?" Ileana asked.

"It's the only solution. She will never comply in a peaceful manner. Out of everyone in this room, only you know her the best."

"That's what I'm worried about. Vers adapts to her environment. She will not go down without a fight." Ileana sighs. Ileana watches as a small Skrull taps lightly on Vers' forehead, noticing the images shifting on the screens.

"Do it again." the Skrull operating the console said. The smaller Skrull taps once again on Vers forehead.

Ileana's eyes widened, as she notices Vers charging up energy from her fists. The metal encapsulating her hands melt away from the contraption, knocking out the small Skrull. Vers drops with a loud thud to the ground.