━━ chapter five.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘❝ 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 ❞

ILEANA FIDGETS with her pager, notifying Talos in advance on their current movements. She looks up at the side mirror, noticing the sun shinning brightly across Vers' skin. The warm glow lighting up her face, her features appearing more defined. Ileana couldn't help the tight feeling in her chest, knowing how much she still loved Vers. However, she knew how much Vers hated her. Sooner or later, the blonde will understand the reasoning of the Skrulls. For now, Ileana had to push aside her continuously growing feelings towards Vers.

Ileana hated desert terrain, the sight of the Mojave Desert unappealing to her. She missed her home planet. She needed a home and wished for one along with her fellow Skrull civilians. It was surprising for her to be chosen as Talos' commander of the Skrulls. Her father was very much a respected figure to the leader of the Skrulls, as Talos took her in under his care after her parents died. She would see Talos as a fatherly figure at times but he was more of her mentor and superior. However, she appreciated how much Talos valued her opinion and did not simply dismiss her as her fellow Skrull soldiers. She does not want to disappoint him now. Vers continued to speak about the Skrulls wanting to obtain the knowledge of a light speed engine. Ileana was not entirely sure about the details herself but it was important for her to know what happened with Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.

"So you're saying the Skrulls are a species hell bent on conquering planets and eliminating the population on these planet in order to dominate the universe?" Fury asked. Ileana rolled her eyes. Vers was clearly misdirected as usual.

"Basically, that's what they do." Vers said.

"And you're a Kree, a race of noble warriors." Fury tries to process this new source of information.

"Heroes. Noble warrior heroes." Vers smirked. Ileana really wanted to laugh at the statement. The Kree were known as ruthless killers, wanting to control every race in the galaxy with power and intimidation.

"And you believe that the Skrulls are the evil ones?" Ileana asked. Vers furrowed her eyebrows, staring at Ileana intently.

"You believe they aren't?" Vers asked.

"Well, it's easy to jump to conclusions when you're an outsider. What makes it different to think that the Kree are the ones who are evil?" Ileana retorted.

"I'm proof that they're not." Vers simply said.

"Well, it was a thought really. We have to see every angle of this situation." Ileana said.

"Enough from the both of you. We're approaching the facility." Fury said. Ileana sighed, resting back against the car seats. She was one step closer to finding out about Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.