Chapter 15 - Goron City Appeal

Chapter 15 – Goron City Appeal

Summary: Zelda, Mipha, Link, and two Sheikah warriors journey to Goron City as Zelda presents herself as Hyrule's new ruler and seeks a pledge of Goron support. Mipha and Zelda share some childhood experiences on the way. After obtaining a Goron commitment, the party journeys to Rito Village, passing some locations that have meaning for Zelda and Link.

Zelda awoke this morning feeling refreshed and upbeat. She had been terribly depressed for the last few days. When Link told her of his love for Mipha, it had broken her spirit. At that time, she had felt Link was all she had left in her miserable life, and now Link was telling her she didn't even have him. Could life possibly get any worse? But after speaking with Mipha yesterday, she realized she wasn't so all alone in the world after all.

Link might not be there for her now in the way she had first hoped, but he was still there for her, he still cared for her, and he would do whatever he could to help her. In fact, Link had not wanted to leave her on her own. She was actually the one who had pushed Link away by insisting the Sheikah Tribe take over as her guards. And Mipha was another person she knew and could trust who was willing to support her. In fact, everyone in Hyrule, even strangers like Brena at Woodland Stable, were praying for her success, hoping she could restore their kingdom and offer them a better future. So, things were not quite as bad as she had first thought. And that gave her new hope.

Link awoke shortly after her and joined her in the plaza.

"Good morning, Zelda," said Link. "I hope you slept well."

"Yes, I feel much better after yesterday. And, like you, I find the sound of falling water very relaxing," said Zelda. "This is a beautiful place to live, Link, and I hope you will be happy here."

Two Sheikah Tribe members approached. They had apparently camped out nearby and had returned to the domain early this morning. They knelt on one knee and presented themselves.

"Princess, I am Callo, and this is Olan," said Callo. "We were not able to properly introduce ourselves when we first arrived yesterday. Lady Impa assigned us to protect you on your travels."

"Thank you and welcome," said Zelda. "You may already know Link, who is a Captain in my Royal Guards, and will continue to accompany me for now. And Princess Mipha of the Zora is also joining us wherever she is able to travel. So, we are a party of five."

"Very well, Princess," said Callo. "We are at your command and ready whenever you are."

Just then, Mipha joined the group and introduced herself. After a quick breakfast, they were ready to go.

"Since we cannot take horses into the Death Mountain area anyway, I suggest we travel on foot," said Link. "We can climb up the western hills from here and work our way past and South of Upland Zorana, then climb down to the Ternio Trail and take the western fork to Foothill Stable. The alternative is a long, winding trail we would have to follow that would take us much further south and make for a longer trip."

"That makes sense, Link," said Zelda. "Does anyone disagree?"

There were no objections to the plan, so they proceeded up the path toward Veiled Falls and then onward. When they neared Veiled Falls, Mipha spoke up.

"Princess," said Mipha. "Link, and I will swim up the waterfall by Veiled Falls but will await you at the top. The armor I gave Link enhances his ability in the water."

"I see," said Zelda. "So, that armor you made for Link has more uses than I thought. You never cease to amaze me, Mipha. That's fine, and we will meet where you suggested."

The weather was clear this morning, and the climbing not overly strenuous. They occasionally paused to catch their breath. It was late morning by the time they reached the Ternio Trail.