Chapter 4 : The Note

~In Wakanda~

Landing in a field in Wakanda was easy, finding the other Avengers was not. It took them half an hour to find them and when they did they all had grim faces. On a table in front of them was a piece of paper.

When Tony walked in they all looked at each other before Steve walked up to him. Tony resisted the urge to call his suit and blast the captain. Steve sighed before looking Tony in the eyes.

"Tony, we couldn't find Spider-man," Seeing Tony about to interrupt, Steve quickly continued. "But he left a note." He gestured towards the paper on the table.

Tony rushed towards the table avnd grabbed the note. He began to read aloud.

"Mr. Stark,
I got back from Titan OK, found a ship hidden behind a massive pillar. It's been months since you disappeared with the others and I feel useless. I should be helping people, helping you. Aunt May is fine, I checked. I couldn't talk to her though so could you tell her I'm fine? Ned and MJ turned to dust as well so I didn't stick around in Queens very long. I left a recording back at the compound for you. It explains what happened and where I'm going. Thanks for everything,
Peter AKA Spider-man."

Tony calmed down slightly with the knowledge that the kid was OK. Nobody moved until Stark began to walk out of the room towards the ship. Other began following, eager to know what had happened to bring them all back. The note was clutched tightly in Tony's hand. He needed the kid. No, he needed HIS kid.

He needed to tell his kid how much he loves him and how much he wants to be there for him as his father.