one

A heavy breath escapes Jordyn's lips, it looking similar to smoke once more as he sits on the grassy field behind the school. The want to feel smoke move past his lips and down his throat is creating a throbbing sensation in his head.

The first bell rings, signaling the people walking or sitting in the field to move, not wanting to be late. It takes a moment, but Jordyn's feet move, dragging across the earth.

He opens his locker easily, placing some books in his bag. In the back of his locker, he notices his magazine. His eyes widen, not remembering how it got there. He stuffs it underneath all his books and binders, slamming his locker shut and turning to walk off.

"Jordyn! Where were you this morning? We had a meeting?" Jordyn sighs, forcing a smile before turning on his heel, walking over to Jeremy, one of his teammates.

"Sorry man, I woke up late. What was it about?" he wonders, leaning against a locker, creating more space for the array of people moving past the two.

"I don't know," he shrugs, making Jordyn scrunch his brows.

"What do you mean? You were there!"

"Yeah, but all I could think about was Claire Standish. Like... damn! Oh shit!" Jeremy hits Jordyn's shoulder, pointing behind him. The two look over, noticing Claire walking past them. Jeremy whistles loudly at her, making Jordyn roll his eyes at his teammate's maturity level.

"I have to get to class," he sighs tiredly, turning and walking away from his teammate.