Dancing With The Devil.

It was a rather slow day. A boring Wednesday afternoon teetering in to evening territory; The cafe slowly becoming more and more empty catered only by three people members of work staff at the moment. The shy young man Hero worked away counting the days revenue while being sure to greet any customer that stepped up to the counter while Mae and Remy cleaned up around the building. Mae kept her eyes switching anxiously between sweeping up the floor and a worried looking Remy. Through out the day she noticed that Remy looked more and more jittery, even now he looked wound up tighter than a caged animal.

His hands scrubbed ruthlessly at the marble table his attention solely on the entrance of the restaurant while he cleaned up the leftover plates and mess. His lip rolled in to his mouth when the chime of the clock rang signifying that yet another hour has gone by and Winston still has yet to show. Remy fixed the chair of a table as he set the stack of plates in the bucket used for dirty dishes. It was so out of character for Winston to not show; Even when he was late he made sure to send a text to Remy to let him know that he would be so.

Remy slid his fingers through his soft blonde hair while coming to a stop in front of a booth. He slapped a rag down on to the surface and went to work to scrub off the mess. His mind mused over every possible reason on why he wouldn't show face then the memory of the mystery text resurfaced. Remy's hand stilled in its action. What if Winston was hurt? Remy's eyebrows furrowed with concern his chest squeezed slightly at the thought of Winston being harmed; Especially because of him. Remy gave the tabletop a few extra rough scrubs before he threw the cloth down and rushed in to the employees bathroom. His heart was beating wildly as he began to slowly lose the ability to breath.

He locked the door with a flick of the wrist his back sliding against the door as he dropped to sit in front of the door. Remy tucked his legs against his chest and hugged the limbs tightly in a form of comfort but it didn't stop all of the gruesome images that started to brew inside his mind. Every one of the bloody scenes made him want to hurl, his world beginning to grow darker as his lungs worked harder to try and grasp on to the oxygen that pumped to fast through his nose. He should have told someone about the number. From the first day he received the call, if he would have told anyone this could have been avoided. Remy clenched his hands in to fist at the realization that Winston being hurt or killed was his fault. The thought made him sick.

"Remy?" Remy's dark thoughts came to a standstill when a knock vibrated through the wooden door.

"Remy, it's me. It's pooh, What's the matter sweetheart? What happened?" The sound of the familiar deep voice stilled Remy's speeding breathes and in the next second Remy was up from the ground; The door swung open to reveal a very alive Winston and a worried looking Mae. Before either one of the two people could get a word out Remy jumped in to Winston's arms, his own pair of slim pale arms going around the bigger male's waist.

Winston reacted the same way his arms wounding around the slim waist of Remy squeezing him tightly to his chest. Remy sat quietly in Winston's arms reveling in the warm embrace of him. Winston and Mae passed each other troubled glances mutual feelings of concern easily detected for their friend. No one spoke as Remy nuzzled against Winston waiting patiently for him to explain his worry. He was reluctant when Winston tilted his head back, his lip held prisoner between his teeth. 

  "Remy?" The unfocused pair of irises slid up to the worrisome face of his best friend Mae, "What's bothering you honey? You've been out of it all day." Remy felt his cheek heat at that. He never meant to make his internal breakdown gain attention; if anything he thought he was doing a rather good job at hiding it. Remy felt so conflicted. Was there really a crazed person out to hurt him or was it all just a prank that he was taking to serious?

 "I - Uh.." Once again his bottom lip was taken prisoner his teeth biting into it subconsciously. Remy's gaze moved down to Winston putting an ease to his worry, "Y-You didn't show up today... I was worried that you might have gotten hurt... Or something." Remy's innocent worry stirred something warm inside of Winston. Winston had never felt so much adoration for another human before in his whole career of dating. His cheeks were seconds away from splitting at the man's sweet confession.