Eye of the Storm

Tense.

 It was the only feeling Remy felt in the path of his siblings' concerned stares. Maybe it was the fact that they snatched him from his house or that the table they had sat him at was hidden from the views of any outsiders but Remy felt trapped. Even the steaming plate of pollo guisado sitting in front of him didn't ease any of the unease that filled him.

   "Remy, we're worried hun. You haven't spoken to anyone in over two weeks. I can't just push that to the back of my head, if something is going on you have us to talk to." Alexander gripped Remy's hands in a tight hold his face shining with the same concern the other's held; and it was right there. Right on the very tip of his tongue sat the reason why he didn't talk to anyone. More like couldn't talk to anyone.

  After Storm had hung up on their call Remy was left alone. The next morning Remy was surprised to have not gotten anything from Storm but at the same time he was happy with the thought he may have the day without him. Remy had a week by himself, a whole seven day week free from any threatening messages or calls. He was relaxed for the first time in a long while and it showed. Remy smiled more at work, customers were happy to see Remy's bubbly attitude that had been absent. That friday night Remy called Russell and they spent that evening watching movies of all kinds at Russell's home. It was a memorable experience and an awesome way to end his free week.

   Saturday morning was the refresher that shot down Remy's happy plane though. He was uneasy when he found a note taped to his fridge along with a picture. In the picture laid his two month old nephew sleeping in between his parents who also laid dead to the world. 

  Cutting it a little close aren't you, Mouse? No. Dating. ~ Your Angel of Death 

   "Oh, god. Please not them." Remy begged hysterically, he whipped his phone out the instant it vibrated because he knew Storm was watching by now. 

   Don't beg now, You know how I feel about you hanging around with people. Especially if you're having cutesy dates. ~ Your Angel of Death

  "It wasn't even a date! He's a friend, he's straight! I was just trying to get out of the house and do something fun. He is one of my only true friends and I haven't felt like myself for so long, I wanted to spend time with a friend." Remy protested with a shaky tone. 

  Storm didn't answer right away so Remy took the chance to ask, "You- You didn't kill anyone did you?" 

  No. ~ Your Angel of Death

   A huge sigh left him at that answer and for once Remy slightly thanked Storm for not taking his little nephew's life. All of the sudden his phone began to beep wildly and vibrate in his hold, the vibrations were so violent it was beginning to become painful. Remy tossed the phone on to the couch and shook his hand out with a pained hiss. The device beeped for another moment before shutting off completely only to then turn on once more by itself.

  "What the fuck?" He whispered softly 

    Little did Remy know Storm had sent an independent virus that had cut all forms of communications, both to and from others. Remy was left unable to contact anyone from his phone with little to no word from Storm on why. The one instance that he tried to use the home phone to find out his work schedule - using a poor excuse of his phone being broken from a dance accident - after returning from a late shift he found the thing crushed to bits along with the cord of the holder ripped from the wall and shredded.

  Let's just say Storm wasn't pleased with him during those phoneless weeks.

  "I'm fine." Remy spoke with a wobbly smile , "It's just - uh . . You know, Winston and I broke it off. " Sympathetic sighs left all the siblings at the news, they could see the devastation in the gleaming eyes of their youngest brother.