Chapter 38

Radhika's POV

I walked out lifelessly dragging my feet. My tears were uncontrollable and unstoppable. He killed her because of me! She didn't commit that big of a mistake to lose her life but he took her life for me. I feel responsible for her death now and I don't know how will I get rid of this guilt inside me.

Radhika, you did nothing wrong! You tried to intervene and save her but she wouldn't shut her mouth which fueled his fury more. You did nothing wrong! He killed her!

I don't think so Arjun has a conscious to feel guilty because he must have taken so many lives before her. Is this how life is going to be?! The hands that are covered with blood, they are going to touch me every night!

I didn't had tears left to shed anymore. My tears had dried but my heart was crying bitterly only difference was that it couldn't be heard. I could hear Sam calling out my name from behind but I didn't turn. I just need some air to calm myself down. I will return back once I have composed myself.

For once I thought we could stay together happily but no my hopes are all broken to pieces now just like my heart. He would never change for anything in this world. He'll always remain remain the same and I cannot stay with him. But I feel a tight squeeze in my chest at the thought of leaving him.

I was always attracted to Arjun like magnet from the very first time we met. That moment when I fell in his arms at the airport I swear my heart was in my throat. Maybe it was my traitorous inexperienced body that was drawn towards him but now that man owns my heart which by all means I wanted to lose to someone who had a heart himself. But no Arjun has no heart he only knows to kill. I can't live watching him taking lives every now and then. Still I can't help myself from feeling drawn towards him. Whether it is his dark mesmerising eyes or his chiselled face with defined cheekbones or that lean muscular physique, I can't deny the fact that I feel hot and flushed when he is near me. I hate it that he is so good-looking and more than that I hate that I am so attracted towards him.

As I dragged myself away from the worst of my nightmare, I felt life was sucked out of my body bit by bit. I wanted to cry, sob, wail and just cry my heart out but unfortunately there were no tears left. I was an inch away from the hope of my happily ever after and somebody just shook me up roughly and told me I am hoping for rain in a desert. How could I be so stupid?! How could I trust the man who gets off from the pain he inflicts on me?! How could I be so blind to see the real picture of life after witnessing so many things?! Today I believed him with all my heart but he crushed my every hope. Hope of him ever changing for me, for us. The bottom line is Arjun will never change. He will always be the heartless prick I would never wish to live with. But who am I kidding?! I don't have a choice. He will never let go off me. I can't get rid of him till my grave.

I was lost in stream of my thoughts and I didn't notice a stone which I stumbled upon and a sharp pain shot in my toe fingers. I descended down to the ground but to my utter surprise, I didn't fall. Instead I fell into a man's arms who was technically my savior who stopped me from falling. I tilted my neck upwards to look at him. My mouth opened wide, pupils dilated, jaw dropped in unnerving shock or should I say sweet surprise. There stood the only good, moralistic, upright man I had known who always walked on the path of truth no matter what life threw in his way.

He caressed my face and said in a low tone,"Radhika."

''Neil.'' was all I could say, rather whisper.

''You here...why?! What are you doing here?!'' he asked me questions I didn't wanted to answer.

I kept quiet. I had no words left.

''doesn't matters. Let's go this place is crowded with all criminals. I will get you out of here. '' he spoke in anxious tone and I could make out from his haggard breathing and sweaty palms that he was more worried about my safety than his. He was a fearless, sharp, ingenious man gifted with world class IQ just like Arjun only difference was he had a heart that ceased to exist in Arjun's ribcage.