Chapter 66

Radhika's POV

I felt life slipping out of my fingers. My husband's face blurring and sooner than I knew he was beyond my reach. I don't know what future holds for my baby and suddenly I feel so much rancor for myself and for Arjun. Why I acted so stupidly?! Why he got so provoked?!

Will I lose my baby?! Oh God! Please no I won't be able to forgive myself if anything happens to this child. Our relationship will be permanently severed if you take away my child. I will lose Arjun because I know he loves this baby more than anything else. He won't feel like coming back to me if we lose this precious baby. He will divorce me because intentionally or unintentionally I would be responsible for this baby's death. I was so careless. Oh please don't leave your mother, baby. I am nothing without you. If you are there then I don't want anything.

If it had been just about me, I wouldn't have put such a fight to live but I can't be complacent, can I?! I am a mother and I have to think for my child first. Please don't end my life, God! I want to live to give birth to this child.

Suddenly I find myself in a meadow. There is a lot of beauty around me. It's such a mesmerising sight. It feels as if the blue sky is kissing the green grass and the roses are blushing. It feels as if the sky and the earth is making love. I almost forget about my miseries. It's so beautiful here, who wouldn't?!

"Radhika, will you like to live here where there is peace, beauty and no trace of evil?!"

I look around to find the source of voice but I find no one. Live here?! It's so breathtaking here. There is waterfall, flowers, rainbow, butterflies and more.

"But my baby?!"

All of this can't match up to my baby no matter how much it moves my heart.

"You and your child both can stay here."

The voice answers.

"What is the place?!" Curiously, I ask.

"Heaven."

"Does that mean I died?!" I frown.

"No you have a choice. You can go back to your life or you can stay here forever where there is nothing but happiness."

I have a choice! I actually have a goddam choice in life or maybe in afterlife! No one has ever asked me what I want. No one felt the need to take in account my wishes. Two men who I loved most always made decisions for me. First, my dad then Arjun, no one has ever given me a choice.

Should I stay here and not go back?!

"You cannot stay here, Radhika."

A familiar baritone makes me jump in my place.

"Arjun."

"Who else were you expecting?!" He says in his usual arrogant tone. Not nice!

"What are you doing here in heaven?! Who allowed you here?! You should go to hell for what you put me through?!" I yell at him.

"Radhika, wherever you go, I will follow you there."

"No you won't since you want to divorce me and take another woman, you swine!" I accuse him.

"You know I didn't mean any of those things I said. I was just too angry." He offers a sort of apology but he doesn't look too guilty!

"I am not coming anywhere with you. I am going to stay here with our baby once he or she is here." I announce.

"Radhika please..."

"You cannot force me here. You will be thrown out and then you will perish in hell, you rapist!" I say in mad fury!