Chapter 22

Chapter 22- Visiting Lorraine for the first time

Dillon POV

It's been two weeks since I have woken up, and to be honest I feel so alive. Of course at night I have nightmares, which has worried my doctor so he has set me up with the hospital's therapist, who says I have PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). I don't believe him, I just use him as my only vent.

Tomorrow, I am to get released from here, with a promise to come to my schedule appointments every week. The doctor and Vincent have told me what has happened while I was asleep and what they think has caused it. The police have also interrogated me about what happened the night of events. With my therapist there, I told them every detail.

"Are you ready?" Lena asks tucking the blanket around my legs and stomach. Because my muscles have not fully awaken, I'm stuck with the wheelchair for a week or two. My physical therapist works with me everyday on my muscles, in some places it is helps but in some if hasn't started to take effect.

"Yeah," I reply, taking Jaxie's small hand. Together we walk, or roll in my case, out of my room and out of the hospital. Today, my doctor and nurses are allowing me to actually leave the hospital but just for the day. Lena, Jaxie, Mia, Brantley, Nichole and my therapist Dr. Jill are taking me to Lorraine's grave. Dr.Jill says I need to visit her before I leave the hospital, that way I will have some closing.

"It's so pretty." I tell the group of people as we walk down the sidewalk to the cemetery. The trees that line the sidewalk are turning their leaves into different colors; yellow, orange, and red. It's beautiful and signs that our winter has arrived.

The closer we get to the cemetery entrance, Jaxie starts to scream and tell like someone is hurting her, saying she doesn't want to go. We don't make her, so her, Nichole, Mia and Brantley go to shops that are before the cemetery. Mia only went because she didn't want Nichole to go into labor with two kids under four with her.

"Go down two rows and over five." Mia gives inscriptions to Doctor Jill, who is now taking me. Even though I would love to have my best friends with me. I feel like Doctor Jill knows a lot about me more than anyone. She is a trained professional, so she calms me down fast, helps me with what to say, and my problems that arise; she helps solve them.

"Here, we are." Doctor Jill announces, speaking a few tombstones over to give me my space.

I stare at Lorraine's tombstone, it reads, 'Lorraine May Vanderbilt-Knight, January 18, 1974- August 29, 2013, beloved daughter, sister, mother, and friend'.

"It's funny, how I had many things to tell you Lorraine, but mysteriously I have forgotten them." I let a few tears go, before continuing, "I'm sorry, so so sorry." I full on cry and whimper, even fall out of my wheelchair to sit on the ground next to her tombstone. I hug it, whispering through my cries, "I'm so thankful for you. Lorraine you saved my life, and for that I promise to be grateful." I slowly wipe my tears away and lean on the tombstone, pulling my knees to my chest. "I promise to look after Jaxalyn and Hunter. Thank you Lorraine for everything." I sit here for a while, until I feel someone sit next to me, pulling me to lean on them.

I cry into Doctor Jill's shoulders until she tells me I must get back to the hospital. "How was it?" Mia asks Doctor Jill and me. Seeing my tears Mia kneels down to my level and pulls me into a comforting hug.

Slowly we walk back to the hospital, my eyes sting from the crying. Doctor Jill told me she will see me in the morning before I leave and has requested for me to have no visitors, I agree, climbing into my hard and cold bed. I stare at the window, which is covered in pictures from Jaxie and Brantley, and tons of get well soon cards from teachers, my friends from racing, and just random people around the community.

I stare at the window until my eyes can't stand to be open anymore. So I let them fall.

----------------------------------------------

"Thank you," I hear someone's voice interrupt my dream. Startled, I quickly open my eyes, my room empty as to what could of said those two words.

I just ignore it, going back to bed ready for tomorrow.