Chapter Three

The One That Got Away

A few days have passed, the girls got closer and everything seemed to be fine but danger was hiding in the shadows under Silver Valley Bridge.
It was a noisy Friday night, every teenager was clubbing and those who wanted to try out different drugs were hanging out under the Silver Valley Bridge, where our monster was lurking, in the shadows. It was around 3 in the morning and by the time almost everyone left the bridge, except for one guy. "Is someone there?" he asked "I'm kinda high so if you want something come closer!" the boy suggested. The demon stepped out of the shadows and when the boy saw the creature, he completely froze. The demon started to approach him. The boy seemingly couldn't do anything. When the monster was face to face with the teen, he lifted the scared boy and shouted "Where is the Odethea?!" in a demanding way. The boy felt clueless, he closed his eyes and started begging for his life. The creature threw him away and left.

A new week had begun. Tiffany, Yasmin, Cleo and Larissa have all arrived to school. Tiffany hurried to share something with the girls.
- Guys! There is something you should know!
- If this is about Zeke, we've already heard! - mentioned Cleo
- Who's Zeke and what about him? - asked Tiffany really confused.
- The guy from school, who was hanging out under the bridge and he got into an argument with some jerk, they started fighting and Zeke is at the hospital now with back injury. How come you haven't heard? Literally everyone's talking about it. - stated Larissa
- What I wanted to share with you is that the Odethea started glowing. Ever since our last visit to Gleba, the medal has been glowing.
- What's that supposed to mean? - asked Yasmin curiously
- Actually I was hoping to find it out with you guys today, after school. I've been having weird dreams about creatures, like the one we vanquished at the old Wickery Factory the other day. I think the Odethea is trying to tell us something. - Tiffany shared her idea with the others and they all agreed to meet at the Wickery Factory after school.
Suddenly, sitting at school became such an agony for the girls as they were desperately waiting to get answers. During world literature, Tiffany had a vision, which spread to the rest of the Guardians too. In their joint vision the girls saw the creature that attacked Zeke. The demon was at the Wickery Factory. The four girls had no idea that the Odethea was able to see evil acts.

After school, the girls decided to pay a visit to the Wickery Factory. When the Guardians arrived, they made a scary discovery. A lifeless body was laying on the concrete at the entrance door. The man whose life had been taken was covered in blood, his eyes were wide open because of the shock and horror he went through.
"Oh no!" Tiffany screamed. "I can't believe this happened! Please tell me I'm dreaming! It can't be real! I'm petrified!" shouted Larissa while she cried. The girls realized what they were dealing with was serious.
"Larissa! Shh, calm down. This is not our fault, hey! We save people but we can't save everyone. It's not your fault, alright?" Yasmin asked her friend while she wiped the terrified girl's tears off.
Silence took over the place but it didn't last long. The demon appeared, it looked frightening. Its body was pitch black, it had horns and wings. It kept saying "Give me the Odethea! I know you have it!"
Larissa ran to the demon, she stood face to face with it "If you knew we had the Odethea, why did you kill an innocent person?". The demon didn't answer the girl, it just kept staring at her with an evil grin.
Tiffany touched the Odethea and said the words Custodes de mundus, unum!
The girls were standing in unison to defeat the seemingly powerful evil creature but the power of the Odethea was not enough and the four hadn't tapped into their elemental powers yet. "It's not working! Why isn't it working on this demon?!" Larissa freaked out. The girls tried again, using the lightning power of the Odethea but it failed, again.

"Ignico verta, unos!" A loud voice could be heard and a middle aged woman had entered the building. The demon let out a loud scream and it disappeared.
- Who are you and what did you do? - asked Yasmin looking at the woman
- I'm Andrea and your welcome!
- Hi! We're the Guardians of the Universe and I'm the keeper of the Odethea, care to explain what you just did? - Tiffany said in a joking tone
- I know who you are, you already have quite the reputation in the magic world. I tried to vanquish the demon but it got away! - Andrea explained

The demon had teleported itself back to where it came from and the place looked terrifying. It looked like a pit of hell.

Another demon was waiting for the one that failed its mission

- Where is it, Lazar?! - asked the other demon with rage
- I'm sorry master, the Guardians and another woman were there. - the demon explained
- What are you talking about, Lazar? The Guardians are dead! I destroyed them myself! - the demon got angrier, it spread its wings and screamed - How could you fail the Queen of the Underworld? "Illumiundo" the Queen of the Underworld shouted with her hand pointing at the demon and it vanquished.
"Looks like I will have to take a closer look at these so called Guardians. Zornollak! It's time to pay a visit to our new friends!". The Queen gave a mission to another demon with an evil smirk on her face.

                                     ~~~~~~
What do you guys think about this chapter? Who is this mysterious woman, Andrea? Can she be trusted? What about the Queen of the Underworld? Is she the big bad of the book?🤔
All questions will be answered😉 please vote and comment😊