Chapter 5 : Bittersweet

Finally the Netherrealm knows why the Queen has been acting out of sorts during the party. While smoke emits from the castle beyond, elite hunters are closing in to the the aristocrats in the middle of the fields. Tsukiko clicks her tongue after seeing who appears first.

"Of course they send in the biggest hypocrite of all to the front lines."

Kou takes a quick glance to his bride, within seconds his rage accumulates even more. Reading Tsukiko's thoughts and feelings about the so called elite hunter.

"Forget it Kou, that asshole is mine" Before Kou can even stop the crimson hunter, she has found a way to the front lines, with a spin, she turns like a small spinning top, holding a knife to the hunter's throat.

"You sure have a lot of nerve to once more threaten my family..."

The hunter only chuckles. "My dearest, I certainly don't know what you are talking about. Are you talking about the hag that took you in on a whim? Are you talking about the slut that left you on the streets, perhaps you are talking about the whore who sold herself to another whore."

The hunter only smiles, knowing he is pushing buttons. Tsukiko loosens her grip on her blade, allowing the hunter to think she is going to let him walk. While the Aristocracy watches from a short distance, they can smell more blood in the air. While Tsukiko stands on the front line, holding one of the Hunter Captains captive, the vampires are holding down their rage and bloodlust.

Human blood, the King isn't letting anyone alive. Just as expected.

Kou watches on worried, his magical eye sees inside of Tsukiko's heart with ease. She is hurting, an emotion she barely shows anyone. Heck, even Kou rarely gets to see it unmasked.

"Nice Try" Tsukiko whispers, her grip intensifies, and in a single swift move she slits the throat of the hunter. 

"Now go to Hades, I'll follow eventually" She murmurs, knowing full well, after all the kills she had committed in this life, there is no way Heaven would leave a spot open for her. Such honor is reserved for people like Idrina, Yui and the Queen who did her damndest best to make sure all the aristocracy would be at a better place to battle

Behind Tsukiko the other hunters grit their teeth as they see one of the captains fall to the cold ground. On the other side the vampires and founders alike are ready to spill more blood. Tsukiko's first move made sure of that.

"You Bitch! Is this how you treat your family? We have given you a warm home, clothing on your back, food in your mouth!"

"I leave the rest to you all"

Behind Karl bodies of several hunters lie lifeless on the cold forest floor. Holding one hunter at its neck, ready to snap it within the second when a small explosion takes his attention away from the human grasping for dear life.