Chapter 14

The next morning, I'm awakened by the sounds of a lighter striking. When I turn, I find Loki sits at the table, smoking a cigarette.

"Breakfast in five." he states, before tapping the ash from the end "How did you know? About Ronan?"

I give a meek smile, before licking my lips "I was there. I saw you kill Ronan." he set his jaw, before taking a long drag "It wasn't your fault."

"I know that." Loki gives a tired smile, before looking at his cigarette "I'm not worried about it."

With a frown, I ask "What's worrying you, then?" He sets his jaw and goes silent, before looking at me worriedly.

"When Other gets out..." he shakes his head "I'm going to have the Arian Brotherhood up my arse."

"Why?" I ask and he returns to his cigarette. After a minute, he lets out a drag with a shakey breath.

He looks at me nervously "Other wants me dead. Said, I was used to what they would do to me in solitary." he lights another cigarette with the but of the old one "I should love it."

"Loki, I-" he holds up his hand to silence me.

"Trust me." he insists, giving a weak smile "I'm perfectly fine, Thor." I smile back as the bell rings out and the door opens.

After I pull on my shoes, I step out into the hallway and we start towards the hall, as Stark remarks "Knew you would win, kid."

Once we're out of the line, Loki hands me his tray and walks towards Ronan's old table. He speaks to a few of the whores, before walking towards our table.

He sits and takes his tray, before clearing his throat "They understand. I didn't kill Ronan. The guards did."

Heimdall steps up behind him and whispers something to him. Once he's done, Loki nods, and Heimdall leaves.

"What was that?" Vision asks and Loki shakes his head, before digging into his food.

~

After lunch, Loki disappears with Heimdall. It isn't until I get back from the yard, do I find him reading a blue backed document, an annoyed look on his face as he smokes a cigarette.

When he spots me, he folds the document and places it to the side. "What's that?" I ask, sitting on the other metal bar.

"My political scout wants me in the running for New York Senator in four years. She wants me out." he takes the paper in hand and takes his lighter "She wants we to go to the parole board, give them this document." panic floods through me as he lights the end of the paper and places it in the sink "If I give it to them, they let me walk free. No parole."

"And you burned it!" I roar and he shrugs, knocking the ash off his cigarette before inhaling.

"I have nine years left." Loki states, before shaking his head "I don't want out of here, yet. Why would I?"

"Because you've spent a decade inside!" I remind as the boys walk in "And you have the Arain Brotherhood after you."

"The Brotherhood is after you?" Stark asks and Loki sets his jaw "You are, by definition, screwed."

Instantly, I rat him out "He's denying parole!" Steve and Tony glare at him in hatred "He wouldn't even be on parole!"

"Stop!" Loki hisses and I look at him curious. He leans forward and whispers "If I leave now, this place wins! This place takes a part of me, and I'll never get it back!"

He looks almost broken. I furrow my brow and ask "What will you possibly gain from staying here?"

He takes a long drag, before smirking "I'm going to bring this hell hole, down." I give a confused look and he continues "All these piss poor excuses for guards will be getting arse raped in these cells."

We're all taken aback by the statement, before Steve asks "How are you going to do that?"

"I'm speaking to my scout again, tomorrow." he states, snuffing out his cigarette "I'm turning rat."

~

While Loki is speaking to his scout, I speak to the boys "Is this going to get him killed? Being an informant?"

"Yeah." Stark nods, before shaking his head "Puts us on the chopping block, if they find out about it."

"They?" Pietro asks.

"Throw a stone, kid." Stark remarks, before clarify "Guards, prisoners; one in the same. He's dead if anyone else knows."

"We gotta keep it under control." Steve declares, before whispering "The only people that should know is us, Heimdall, Barton, Nat, and your guys' sisters." He points to Pietro and I "If we die, they know who did it."

"I'd rather not die." I state, gathering their attention "I actually have plans for when I get out of here."

Steve frowns, before insisting "You'll never leave Loki, unprotected. We knew that the day you showed up."

"Exactly!" I roar, before giving a nervous laugh "I haven't been here two weeks, and I've..." I count off on my fingers "Seen my cellmate take dick from eight different guys at once. Found out I've killed my whore wife. Discovered my cellmate killed his father slash rapist, who pimped him out to other pedophiles. Had my first prison blowjob. Got some shitty drugs from a white supremacist. Been hit on by two harlots. Watched my cellmate kill a man. And, I've turned rat!"

Stark gives a bored look "Welcome to prison. It isn't always like this. You came at a bad time." he furrows his brow, before asking "Who gave you a blowjob?"

I set my jaw and he frowns, until he balls laughing "What are you laughing at, Mister Prison Gay?"

"Oh, you fucked up." Stark cackles, before shaking his head "Like he'll ever you other than a client, ever again!"

"We were both high! I don't even remember it!" I declare and he snickers as he looks to the ground "I never would have done it, if I would have been thinking clearly! It was a mistake!"

Stark looks to me and his smile drops as he spots something behind me. When I turn, I find Loki stands in the door, arms crossed. He gives a pissed look, before shaking his head "Forget it." he insists.

When he walks away, I call out "Loki?" he doesn't return, so I follow.