Chapter 19

It's not until a week later that Strange clears me to go back to my cell. An eyepatch covers my empty eye socket, and I've received a haircut.

When I step up to Steve and Tony's cell, I find it empty. I'm about to step over to my cell, when I hear Stark sigh "Playboy, stop pacing."

"It's been two weeks!" Loki hisses and I can't help but smile a little "We haven't got a damn word on if he's even alive! I'll pace all I fucking want!"

I hear Pietro gock "Thor is to big to be killed by a toothbrush." I turn the corner right as Loki turns his back "Probably got stuck in mus-"

He falls short when he spots me and they stare in disbelief. When Loki turns, he stares in utter shock.

"I know." I smirk as a tear falls from Loki's face "I look pretty good, considering."

In an instant, Loki throws himself on me and squeezes me tighter than he's ever done before "I love you." he whispers.

As I hug him back, I scoff "I love you, too."

"I love you." he repeats as he trembles again me.

"I know you do." I reply and his grip on me tightens, as if he were a boa constricter "Loki?" I ask and he hums "I kinda need to breathe."

He releases me and looks me in the eye "I thought you were dead." I shake my head and he places his lips on mine.

When he pulls away, I place my hand on his cheek and notice the tears streaming down his face. I kiss his cheek, before wrapping an arm around him "I'm here."

When I turn the others, Steve smirks "I like the hair."

I motion to his beard "I noticed you copied my beard."

~

At lunch, I notice Other is gone "What happened?" I ask as we sit at our table and notice everyones eyes on me.

Loki leans into me and asks "Remember when we got high, all those years back, from Other's brownies?"

"You mean the night I can't remember?" I ask and he nods "Yeah."

"You can't remember that night, because Other roofied you." Loki states and I frown in confusion "Other thought I would give the brownies to Thanos, so that he could say that I roofied Thanos."

"So why did Thanos attack us?" I ask.

"Because Other also roofied the cookies." Loki states and I nod "Other told Thanos that the reason we were so close to their group in the yard, was because we were going to take them out. That we planned to do that, on the day we roofied Thanos, but we couldn't get a guard to open our door." he continues "That the reason we put the guards away, was to keep them quiet about the assassination attempt."

I nod, before asking "Where's Other?"

Loki hums, before explaining "The guards found him hanging in his cell, the Friday before last." he gives me a knowing look "His cellmate, T'challa, says he didn't even hear him get up, the night before."

I scoff "Of course he didn't."

~

When Loki and I step up to Thanos and T'challa, in the yard, people step away and we sit in front of them. Thanos asks "How's the eye?"

"Gone." I state and he hums, before I shrug "It's fine, I look like my father. He was half blind, too."

Loki scoffs, before leaning into me "Must be in the genetics."

Father died five years ago, of a stroke. He died in his sleep. Hela says that Frigga is doing alright.

I look to T'challa to find a guilty conscience "I hear that your cellmate took the cowards way out." we nod and I ask "Do me a favor?"

He hums "Anything?"

"Don't go for the other eye." I order, before smirking "You won't get it, and you'll end of the same as your cellmate."

He nods and Loki and I stand. I hold out my hand to him and he shakes it "No hard feelings!" I smile "I've still got one good eye! There's no need for a feud!"

He smiles "No hard feelings."

~

After lights out, Loki straddles my lap and we rock together. His soft moans are captured in my ear and I find them utterly sirenous.

This is the first time we've had sex. It was absolutely worth the wait. The way an angelic moan escapes his lips with every last rock, is intoxicating.

The salty smell of sweat covers his body and I can't help but love it. And when he moans out my name, all I can do, is smile.

And after, when we lay back in bed, his finger skirt across the rim of my eyepatch. Silently, he moves it open and I feel very vulnerable as I wait for a reaction.

After a long moment, he smiles weakly and shakes his head "It doesn't change anything." he covers it again and sighs "But you should keep it covered. Too much bacteria, here, to keep it uncovered."

Once it's replaced, he gingerly kisses below it, before answering "Find my mother." I give a confused look and he explains "When I get out, I'm going to find my mother. Force her to explain why she wasn't in my life." he smirks "And return for you."

I smile "I want you in my life, after this." he nods, before kissing me softly "You are my whole life, now."

He whispers softly "In my thirty-seven years, you're the only person I've ever loved. You're the only reason I'm still alive."

"My god!" I hear Tony scream through the wall "Stop with the sweet, I'll be back for you, bullshit! Go to sleep!"

Loki rolls his eyes "Stark, you're just jealous because you're getting plowed by Steve, every Tuesday, for the rest of your life!"

There's a long moment of silence, before Steve replies "Hey!" As if he just realized it's supposed to be a dis at him.