Chapter 3: As Fate Should Have It

December 16.

(Third person)

Harry shook Zayn, but not too much, already feeling bad for having to awaken him again. Zayn opened his eyes slowly and smiled at Harry.

"Cousin, we're here," Harry said. Anxiousness filled his eyes.

It had been a long flight, but the boys slept most of the way. The last thing they remember envisioning was the flight attendant bringing them their meal. They were sound asleep afterwards. The flight attendant made the announcement about their arrival and asked that already proceeded to the exit in a calmly, respectable manner. "No pushing or shoving," being the last words to exit her mouth. Harry and Zayn headed for the exit.

Zayn's Pov~

Harry and I made our way out of the airport. At this point, we were unattended and had little-to-no knowledge of where to head off to next.

"Do you think Uncle Simon will be picking us up or should I phone a cab?," Harry asked.

"Honestly, Harry, I have no idea."

Harry rolled his eyes at me. I shook it off, in hopes that this wouldn't turn into one of our little arguments. After standing their for a while, I took out my phone and have Simon a call.

"Hi, Uncle Simon? Yes, this is Zayn. Harry and I have arrived and we were wondering if you were picking us up."

Harry stood next to me, biting his nails, and anxiously awaited for me to give him an answer. Unfortunately, Uncle Simon didn't tell me exactly what I wanted to hear.

"So, you're at work? I guess we'll just have to take a cab...Okay, bye," I said, then hung up.

Harry, turning back to face the road, with disappointment, "This bloody sucks balls."

"Don't start pouting Harry. We can call a cab and get there in no time," I explained to him.

"You're right, cousin. Let's call a cab and how will we be paying them? Last time I checked, they don't accept credit cards, but I guess they won't be a problem seeing as the driver can swipe it with his ass," Harry said sarcastically. He faked a grin and went back to frowning seconds later. That jetlag must be getting to him.

"You don't have to be a pain in the ass, Harry. We'll just find an atm. There has to be a store nearby."

I began to walk off. Harry looked at me, then back to the airport, then back at me again. Feeling defeated, he kicked a can nearby and started walking behind me.

Harry's Pov~

After a while, I forgot I was even annoyed with Zayn. Although we had been walking, for what seemed like forever, I enjoyed our surroundings. Fresh green grass, almost as tall as us, farmers hurtling through their crops, trying to gather up the cow and horses. A little bit of breeze and somewhat misty, as if it rained not too long ago.

I could hear Zayn humming 'Daylight' by Maroon 5, but lowly. I don't know why he was afraid to sing out loud. He's a great singer. I think it runs in the family because I seem to have the talent as well. Well, that's what several family members have said, at least.

"Zayn, we've been walking for a while. I haven't spotted any stores." I hesitated to look at him because I didn't know if he would give me some kind of rude stare or response.

"I know, cousin. Honestly, I don't know where I'm going, but I just want to keep walking until we reach some type of building. All I see is homes." Zayn signed.

Zayn's Pov

I felt bad. I felt like I was dragging Harry along, unwillingly. We should have stayed at the airport until we could have came across some type of assistance. I guess I was being stubborn. I was coming so close to giving up on this trip already, but a bright light flashed on us and a car pulled up.